1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Favorites not working

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by phydeauxman, Jan 28, 2013.

1. phydeauxman

phydeauxman New Member

Jan 17, 2013
    Harpers...
    I trying to create a favorites list of channels but it does not appear to be working. I selected several channels to be added to my favorites by clicking the thumbs up but only a few channels stuck. If I go back in and re-select a channel to be a favorite...it does not added it to the list. What is going on?

2. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    When you finish configuring your favorites, do you navigate to "Done" and hit Select?

If you just back out of that screen with the left arrow, your changes will not be saved. It's a common mistake.

3. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    The Tivo has 3 lists, "All", "Channels I Receive" and "Favorites". They can be selected when you press GUIDE button then Enter.

4. phydeauxman

phydeauxman New Member

Jan 17, 2013
    Harpers...
    Yeah, I am selecting Favorites and am not seeing everything I selected as a favorite.

5. phydeauxman

phydeauxman New Member

Jan 17, 2013
    Harpers...
    I am going to have to go back and retrace my steps here. What I have been doing is just pulling up the guide, scrolling to a channel I want as a favorite and then hitting the thumbs up button. I then hit A for options and select to show only the Favorites. Am I missing a step? I have done it right at least once because I do have some channels in my list.

6. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    What you are doing is adding a :up: to a program on that channel when you are in the Guide.

You should be in the Channels list under the settings menu, to add a channel to the favorites with a :up:.

7. phydeauxman

phydeauxman New Member

Jan 17, 2013
    Harpers...
    Got it...thanks. I knew I had to be doing something wrong.

8. evanborkow

evanborkow Member

Mar 17, 2008
    In addition, in doing what you did, you may have inadvertently placed a :up: on some strange programs. After correctly adding channels to favorites you should check your thumbs list.

9. phydeauxman

phydeauxman New Member

Jan 17, 2013
    Harpers...
    How do I do that?