1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Favorite Channels, like the App, on my TiVo?

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by Cleo256, Sep 6, 2013.

1. Cleo256

Cleo256 New Member

Sep 5, 2013
    Hi, I'm new to TiVo, with a new Roamio, and enjoying the experience so far, despite some technical issues that I think are being sorted out. In particular, I'm liking the connection to the TiVo iPhone app.

One thing that I see in the app but can't figure out how to get on the TiVo itself is under the "What to Watch" section. On the TiVo, I see "Popular TV", "Movies", "Sports", and "Kids". But on the app, "What to Watch" shows me "Popular TV", "Sports", "Movies on TV", and "Favorite Channels".

It's this "Favorite Channels" that I particularly like. This shows, at a glance, what is currently airing on the channels I've tagged as favorites. It may be my favorite implementation of favorite channels on any device I've ever watched TV on. But it's not on my TiVo screen. I can only see it on the app. (And yes, I think I can tune to these channels by using the app, but I'd rather get it on the TV screen).

I've explored the settings a bit on TiVo, but I can't figure out how to customize the "What to Watch" section to show me a Favorite Channels section. I want exactly what the app does to display on my TiVo, but I can't figure it out. Does anyone know how to do this? Is it possible? Or should I take this over to the features suggestion forum?

2. mattack

mattack Active Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    Stupid question -- you HAVE marked channels as your favorites *on the Tivo*, right?

(I presume so, since I presume the app is using THOSE settings.)

3. Cleo256

Cleo256 New Member

Sep 5, 2013
    Yes, I've marked 3 so far. If I knew I'd get more out of it, I'd make the time to mark more, but I figured 3 would be enough to get started with the feature.

4. mdscott

mdscott Active Member

Jun 26, 2002
    Hermosa...
    I too love the App interface - and I too have not found how to populate the various categories on the TV screen using only favorite channels. It is easy to have the "Guide" show only favorite channels [using Premiere or Roamio remote press "A" while in the guide to bring up display options] I was not able to do the same for the What to Watch categories.

I now just always have the iPad close at hand when I am watching our Premiere connected TV.

michael

5. Scooby Doo

Scooby Doo New Member

Dec 18, 2002
    I love the app too. Definitely one of my top 5 reasons for upgrading from my old HD to the Roamio. The app experience with the HD was kind of pathetic.

6. Cleo256

Cleo256 New Member

Sep 5, 2013
    Too bad. Maybe I'll take this to the suggestions forum, then.