1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fast forward skips to end

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by Stormydog, Mar 14, 2013.

1. Stormydog

Stormydog New Member

Oct 13, 2010
    When watching a recorded show, I fast forward thru the commercials. I have only recently seen this behavior happen. I never had it happen before, but only now for several months. When pressing the fast forward and releasing the button, the fast forward continues until I press Pause or Play to resume. I have seen the fast forward start and suddenly it is at the end of the recording. I know you can press fast forward and hold it and it will advance to end of recording. But this happens when you start the fast forward and button is released. Fast forward is going then suddenly jumps to end. If you did not watch the screen, you may not realize you skipped half the show and the end of recording banner appears for deletion.

Wondering if anyone has had this happen (tivo software problem?) or maybe the remote is wearing out. Buttons feel like they always have, not getting mushy or have to press harder.
  2. MHunter1

MHunter1 TiVo Bug Hunter

Oct 11, 2007
    There is already a thread on this topic:

The problem was first reported after TiVo rolled out their v20.2.2.1 software update on December 5, 2012.

When pressing the fast-forward button (not the skip/scan button), some users see the program jump to the end, some see it jump about 5 minutes ahead, and some see the cursor jump to the next tick mark for a split second then settle where intended.
  3. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Really....why can't people do a search first before cluttering up these forums? For crying out loud....:mad:....I get tired of having to hit "ignore" on thread after thread...