1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fargo 4/29/14

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by betts4, Apr 30, 2014.

1. betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    Great episode.

How long is this running?

I loved Malvo approaching the blackmailer "could you have picked a smaller closet for us to talk in" (as they were nose to nose in a small dark closet). Malvo's sarcasm and BBT delivery gets me chuckling.

I wonder if more people are upset about the dog getting killed than the people killed?

And the interplay between the policewoman and a) Lester and then later b)the police guy with his daughter was just spot on.

2. markz

markz Hilarity Ensues

Oct 22, 2002
    Connersville...
    I am loving the dialog on this show, both what they say and how they say it.

Basically, I like everything about the show.

3. squint

squint New Member

Jun 15, 2008
    I liked how the fake blood-like substance coming out of the shower wasn't a hallucination, for once.

4. NorthAlabama

NorthAlabama tabasco rules

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al
    great show, perfect pace, and good chemistry among the cast - it's my favorite network series at the moment.

5. Ment

Ment Active Member

Mar 27, 2008
    People's...
    Guess the question is why isn't Malvo more stealthy, he just doesn't give a flying f*ck most times. He can't be thinking to intimidate cops all the time.

So he makes the SuperMarket King think he's crazy and then what, have him give him his money cause its cursed?

Love the Lester character. Life is trying to get a bite out of him at every turn and he just gets out of the way!

6. markp99

markp99 TakoKichi TCF Club

Mar 21, 2002
    Nashua, NH
    I must admit I am developing a small crush on Deputy Molly Solverson - her tenacity is awesome :)

[​IMG]

7. stellie93

stellie93 Active Member

Feb 25, 2006
    I'm not quite sure why her boss is so determined to protect Lester--unless he's just an idiot. It doesn't seem like they are really friends. But Molly is awesome. I also love her Dad. :up:

8. Big Deficit

Big Deficit Happy now?

Jul 7, 2003
    It's so nice when a series actually meets and even exceeds its hype! Billy Bob should get an Emmy for his performance. The cops daughters helmet hair makes me chuckle every time I see it. Though from the last episode, I'm curious. The Fargo cops home seems more like Brooklyn to me than Minnesota. Does Fargo even have those kind of structures? Is there even a Hasidim community in Fargo? The only place I've ever seen the (ultra annoying when they parade) Mitzvah tanks are in NYC. The high tech office exteriors from the flashback scene last night don't say Fargo to me either, but I've never been.

9. getreal

getreal postcrastinator

Sep 29, 2003
    Earth
    Once the Grocery King realized that he was showering in blood and let out a scream, Malvo was shown smirking by the van and covering up the empty jugs of pig blood from the butcher shop ... so it wasn't supposed to be fake blood.

10. john4200

john4200 Active Member

Oct 31, 2009
    I don't see how that could work unless the guy was taking a cold shower. If he was taking a hot shower, then the pig blood would have been only coming in on the cold water line (I don't think sending pig blood through a water heater would work), and would be quite diluted (assuming he was using mostly hot water). But it looked like it was pure pig blood coming out of the shower.

And I am pretty sure I saw steam coming off the water before it shifted to deep red.

11. zordude

zordude WDW Fan TCF Club

Sep 23, 2003
    Malden, MA
    Maybe he has a tankless heater.

12. john4200

john4200 Active Member

Oct 31, 2009
    I expect the blood would gum up if you ran it through one of those. Then it would clog up the nozzles on the shower head, if it did not clog the pipe upstream.

13. getreal

getreal postcrastinator

Sep 29, 2003
    Earth
    You're thinking too much, john. Just drink the Koolaid along with the rest of us. :)

Nobody here has questioned the scenes at the beginning where Malvo was pulling the guy by his necktie all the way from his office to the elevator and down to the parkade without the guy twisting around to stand up at any point, or factoring for the coefficient of friction in dragging along the office floor so effortlessly for Malvo, who is probably 145 lbs. compared to the office guy who would probably be closer to 200 lbs.

14. MikeAndrews

MikeAndrews Registered abuser

Jan 17, 2002
    Northern...
    You buy and plumb in the "Carrie" pig blood injector from Uncle Fun, of course.

That bastid killed the dog. I want to see him fry. I'm hoping that Lester takes him out.

15. john4200

john4200 Active Member

Oct 31, 2009
    I don't like Koolaid. :thumbsdown:

16. GoPackGo

GoPackGo Active Member

Dec 28, 2012
    Me too.

17. getreal

getreal postcrastinator

Sep 29, 2003
    Earth
    You mean like DATE him? I don't think he likes other boys. :p

18. MikeAndrews

MikeAndrews Registered abuser

Jan 17, 2002
    Northern...
    :D Lester will be playing those guys a tune on his little brother's violin.
    Oh. And Molly and are going to be an Gus Grimly item already.

Greta Grimly's haircut is really cute like Natalie Portman as Mathilda in "Leon: The Professional"

19. VegasVic

VegasVic Craps Player

Nov 21, 2002
    The Craps Table
    It was a great scene, don't overthink :cool:

20. goblue97

goblue97 Welcome Home, Jimmy!

May 12, 2005
    Michigan
    That scene was supposed to have taken place in St.Paul, MN, which certainly has those types of buildings.