1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Family Guy "Christmas Guy" 12/15/13

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by scandia101, Dec 16, 2013.

1. scandia101

scandia101 Just the facts ma'am

Oct 20, 2007
    MN, greater...
    Brian is back! - actually he never went anywhere.
    That happened quicker than I expected.

2. DeDondeEs

DeDondeEs Well-Known Member TCF Club

Feb 20, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    Yes thankfully Brian is back! I liked the carolers from A Christmas Story bit.

3. sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    Oh yay! I'm so upset that, for the last two weeks, our local Fox TV affiliate has shown other crap in the place of all four animated shows so I haven't gotten to see what's going on with any of them.

But it does soften the blow a little bit to know that Brian is back. :) I hope they re-air, at least, this week's shows soon.

4. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    Yes, one of your favorite Christmas movies is incredibry racist. (And not that rong ago, either.)

5. sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    Oh yay! In case I'm not the only one who didn't get to see this episode, it's airing on Cartoon Network on 12/23 at 11pm. yay! :) Plus, I see it again at 3am on 12/24.

I wish the rest of the Sun night animated shows were on there.

6. harrinpj

harrinpj Member

Oct 29, 2004
    [​IMG]

This guy must be upset.

7. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    I am glad Brian's back, but I rather liked Vinny this episode. I hope they can figure out a way to use Vinny down the road.

8. That Don Guy

That Don Guy Now with more GB

Mar 13, 2003
    Benicia, CA
    Bob's Burgers is usually on Sunday nights at 7 and 7:30 (repeated seven hours later), although next Sunday the schedule is changed because of Christmas specials. American Dad is on pretty much every night; weeknights at 7:30, and Sundays at 7:00.

There was a bump on AS once where they said that they had been trying for years to get The Simpsons, but Fox simply wouldn't sell. Now, The Simpsons repeats will be on FX, if I heard correctly.

9. rifleman69

rifleman69 Member

Jan 6, 2005
    Oregon
    Amen, even if Quagmire is a cat guy...he's the perfect owner for Vinnie (or Vinny).

10. That Don Guy

Mar 13, 2003
    Benicia, CA
    (Yes, this is a repeat of a post in the earlier episode's thread, but somebody noted that posts about this episode shouldn't go there, so I'm reposting it here.)

Question: if Stewie can set the coordinates on his return pad to go to any place and time (not necessarily one where the time machine existed - remember, he went to just before the car hit Brian, which was after the time machine had been destroyed), effectively making it a time machine of its own, and it doesn't need any nuclear or other "illegal" materials to run (it used to need uranium or plutonium, but after what happened in "Road to Germany", Stewie modified it so it would run on ordinary batteries), then what stopped Stewie from making another return pad and using that as a time machine to save Brian?

(Wait, don't tell me, I already know - the answer is: "The writers.")

11. timr_42

timr_42 New Member

Oct 14, 2001
    st louis, MO
    No, because he doesn't wear a necklace.

12. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    Sheesh, this is a cartoon where we have a talking dog, characters blown up one scene and look exactly the same the next, etc. and this matters? :D

13. NJChris

NJChris Kermie Loves Elmo

May 11, 2001
    Riverdale,...
    I will make up an answer: Because the return pad is tied into the time machine it came from and just making a return pad on it's own would not work because it has no mothership to link to. So he was able to do some timey winey thing....Yeah, that's it.

14. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    The fact that he was able to go to the time right before Brian is hit by the car, but which is right after the destruction of the time machine is irrelevant. Remember, Stewie got the return pad from Alt-Stewie, who had also traveled to a time that was after the time machine was destroyed, so that shouldn't matter.

Now that fact that the "return" pad can be set to go somewhere other than back to the main time machine is an interesting question. But not the question about when Stewie was able to travel to.

15. Bob_Newhart

Bob_Newhart My Custom User Title

Jul 14, 2004
    Houston
    Anyone notice that Quagmire doesn't seem to be as good an actor as he used to be? It seems like he's been distracted lately and it shows in his performance. I wonder if he's okay?

16. rifleman69

rifleman69 Member

Jan 6, 2005
    Oregon
    He's struggling without Cleveland.

17. That Don Guy

Mar 13, 2003
    Benicia, CA
    You mean the voice actor? That's Seth MacFarlane. Since he also voices Peter, Brian, and Stewie, and they seem to sound OK, I don't think there's a problem with him.

If you mean Quagmire the character, I think the problem is, it's hard to have a "Quagmire episode" - there are only so many things you can do with him. I'm pretty sure that's why Cleveland got the spinoff instead of Quagmire or Joe. (Well, that, and the fact that Cleveland never really did anything on the show; he didn't have much of a "gimmick" off of which to write jokes, other than falling out of his second-story bathroom while taking a bath.)

18. dilbert27

dilbert27 New Member

Dec 1, 2006
    [​IMG]