1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Family Guy 9/24/06: "Hell Comes to Quahog"

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by lawilson2, Sep 24, 2006.

1. lawilson2

lawilson2 New Member

Oct 6, 2005
    Chicago
    A couple of funnies, but an "eh" episode, AGAIN.

2. mwhip

mwhip All better

Jul 22, 2002
    Dallas
    I thought it was one the best ever. There were some really good flashback sequences (Red Dawn the musical, Electric Company).

"Did I mention that the tank is a tank?"

"I'll take it"

3. wprager

wprager Active Member

Feb 19, 2006
    Ottawa, Canada
    I must agree. The first two this season were sub-par (I'm being kind). This one had many moments. I even like the repetitive joke (Peter blowing a raspberry every time Meg's name was mentioned). Just one cringe moment (for me) when the tank ran over Joe's legs and Peter said he looked like a tube of toothpaste.

4. Warren

Warren Wild Hair

Oct 18, 2001
    I loved the JUrissac(sp?) park bit. I saw the Caddy manager standing in front of the tank comeing a mile away (not who stood in front of it but someone standing in front of it)

Best episode this season but I don't think the other two are as bad you you guys think.

5. Weezoh

Weezoh New Member

May 9, 2002
    I loved the stripes moment

I agree this is the best so far this season.

6. Warren

Warren Wild Hair

Oct 18, 2001
    how come you guys get mad when they make a refrence from 6 months ago but when they flash back to something from 30 years ago its ok

7. TonyD79

TonyD79 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Columbia, MD
    I tried that reasoning on the Sulu/gay thing. Good luck.

8. 5thcrewman

5thcrewman New Member

Sep 22, 2003
    NW
    Chunk & The Electric Company- A real 'Hey You Guys!' kind of show.

9. TAsunder

TAsunder Debates Ghee vs Gi

Aug 6, 2003
    Madison, WI
    Meh... for the first time in a long time I enjoyed the simpsons, american dad, AND ATHF (which might have been a re-run) significantly more than the family guy.

That said, I enjoyed the plot right out of the movie Tank

10. terpfan1980

terpfan1980 It's Just TV TCF Club

Jan 28, 2002
    Xbox Live:...
    I thought this was an ok episode. Picking on Wal*Mart gets over done, but it's still funny.

The Tank was funny too. I've wished many times that my vehicle was just that. The fun I'd have rolling over idiots in my way :up:

11. Meathead

Meathead LSU Tiger!

Feb 19, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Tank = greatness

12. kbohip

kbohip New Member

Dec 29, 2003
    Colorado...
    It wasn't the best episode but let's face it, it's Family Guy. The worst episode of FG is still better than the best episode of the Simpson's (anymore anyway). :) The part that had me laughing the most was Brian driving the tank looking like George Peppard from the A-Team with the cigar in his mouth.

I've started watching that old show again when I ride my excersise bike so those types of scenes were very fresh in my mind, making it even funnier.

13. TAsunder

TAsunder Debates Ghee vs Gi

Aug 6, 2003
    Madison, WI
    Gotta disagree. If you replace "Simspons" with "Two and a half men" then I agree. But I think the simpsons have been much better this season and last season. And this season, even american dad has been better (oh god, did I just say that??)

14. MitchO

MitchO Blasphemer: Uses DVR

Nov 7, 2003
    Lyndhurst NJ
    NOOOOOOO .. he wasn't being George Peppard, he was being the guy from Animal House! He drives the float at the end of the movie looking just like that.

I actually had to look up Mister Moose on Wikipedia because I knew the reference but couldn't place it.

The reason 30 year old references are OK but not 6 month ones is because the 30 year old ones are nostalgic for most of us. We chuckle at someone else remembering Captain Kangaroo, but everyone around just found out about Takei and it isn't interesting anymore. Maybe in 30 years~.

15. Warren

Warren Wild Hair

Oct 18, 2001
    but the show takes six months to draw.

16. Matunuck

Matunuck Member

Nov 10, 2003
    San Diego, CA
    Did people notice the f-bomb during the Hummer scene? I have to be honest I think I missed it and only thought about it when I heard it was in there.

Here it is on YouTube (NOT SAFE FOR WORK!! -- that should be obvious but just in case)

Sadly, I don't have it saved anymore but was wondering if it went out over everyone's broadcast.

17. MitchO

MitchO Blasphemer: Uses DVR

Nov 7, 2003
    Lyndhurst NJ
    I don't know for sure, but that really seems to be an overly long estimate ...

18. Matunuck

Matunuck Member

Nov 10, 2003
    San Diego, CA
    Found more about the F-word:

Did anyone hear it?

19. GerryGag

GerryGag New Member

Feb 10, 2005
    Hamden, CT
    I'm pretty sure it was bleeped in the episode I recorded (which was off of KTTV out of LA - I love having the network's west coast feeds during football season!)

But I'll check it when I get home later today.

20. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    So THAT'S where that came from!! We were trying to figure out if that was an Animal House reference (D-Day in Flounder's brother's rebuilt car at the end) or maybe Patton. I was never a fan of the A-Team so maybe that's why I didn't get it.

Best episode of the season so far. I love ANYTIME Wal-Mart is lampooned (wasn't there a big issue in New England with Wal Mart moving in and there being protests)

Loved when they went to the USA Skating rink and the Mexi-skate was next store in a dilapodated adobe hut!!

The raspberry on Meg's name was funny for awhile, but overdone

I love any time Stewie and Brian team up to do ANYTHING

Loved Quagmire hitting on the girl from behind and she turns around and she's huge!!

Plunger nipples...