1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Falling Skies - S3E4 - "Search and Recover" 6/30/2013

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by au_en_bear, Jul 2, 2013.

1. au_en_bear

au_en_bear Member

Nov 11, 2003
    No thread yet? On Tuesday?!! This cannot be a good sign for this show. In general I like it but ...

The aliens use spotlights to look for humans in the woods at night? I guess infrared technology sort of escaped them.

I am afraid that the complete lack of reality is going to be the death of the show. I just hope the producers can see the train wreck coming and find a reasonable way to end the show this season. I would much rather watch a two or three season show that ends well than a five or six season show that meanders and falls off a cliff with no purpose.

Edited to fix title.
    Edited title to add s to make AeneaGames happy.
  2. mrdbdigital

mrdbdigital The TBS Archives TCF Club

Feb 2, 2004
    Moultrie, GA
    This is episode 4, not 3. The season started with episodes 1 and 2 back to back.
  3. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    I liked the Pope and Tom part of the show, but the search party not so much. The search party just seemed like so many similar episodes we've seen over the last 2 years and it's gotten boring. They need to move along the story of what the aliens are building and more about the civil war between the aliens. That's FAR more interesting than the skitter encounter of the week.
  4. Gerryex

Gerryex Member

Apr 24, 2004
    Land O...
    For me it was just the opposite - I disliked that part quite a bit. It seemed to be the type of thing we've seen many times before. Two people who are fairly major characters, usually are helpful to the cause but do so in very different ways are put together in a life or death situation. They usually end up first fighting each other then something happens that threatens both of them and they band together to successfully fight the threat. Along the way they tell each other stories about their different backgrounds which again helps to bond them. And then they are saved.

Overall, I thought this was a mostly filler episode as it really didn't contribute much to the overall story. With such a dearth of half way decent Sci Fi, I will definitely continue watching, but as I had posted in a thread about another show its certainly NOT "must-see" TV!!

5. AeneaGames

AeneaGames Member

May 2, 2009
    If we are correcting the thread title then why not name the show correctly as well and add an 's' to Falling Skie ??
  6. stellie93

stellie93 Active Member

Feb 25, 2006
    So I assume Tom is the mole, unconsciously, and has some serious alien DNA in him?

I love Robert Sean Leonard in this--the scientist guy. I have a friend who was madly in love with him in House, and refuses to watch this because he's ugly. :D
  7. rorrim

rorrim Runs with Scissors

Jun 21, 2005
    Washington, DC
    It seemed to me after watching this episode that the mole is the VP ...
  8. morac

morac Cat God

Mar 14, 2003
    Was there a weird color/brightness shifting issue for anyone else with this episode? It's really easy to see during the opening scene with the professor talking about the alien baby. It's like the colors are shifting between warm (red) and cold (green). I've verified this on multiple TVs so it's either a cable problem or a TNT problem. I've actually been seeing this a lot recently with certain shows.
  9. Hercules67

Hercules67 TiVo addict

Dec 8, 2007
  10. DeDondeEs

DeDondeEs Active Member

Feb 20, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    Didn't they last season show some critter going into Tom's ear or eye or something? But if that was the case, why would the aliens keep trying to kill Tom, wouldn't they want him alive so they could get as much intel as possible?

Yes there are plenty of mysteries to explore, but they choose not to, instead it was a hour of Tom and Pope getting to know each other, people walking around searching. And the most interesting part to me, what are the Volm building, got the least time.
  11. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Tom's clear now, but his oldest son has one...and I thought it was established (to us, not to the other characters) that HE was the mole.
  12. stellie93

stellie93 Active Member

Feb 25, 2006
    We're obviously supposed to think the son is the mole, and he may have given the girl some info, but does he know that much?

I think it's Tom because of the baby's DNA. Obviously Tom has some alien stuff in him or how could the baby be part alien? I guess they could have taken Moon out and impregnated her without anyone knowing, but that's a stretch.
  13. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    I thought it was established the he was NOT the mole? in one scene where the mole did something, it was impossible for it to have been the older son. Which established that it was not him.
  14. au_en_bear

au_en_bear Member

Nov 11, 2003
    In my original post I said:

"The aliens use spotlights to look for humans in the woods at night? I guess infrared technology sort of escaped them."

Now I am thinking that maybe Tom is the mole and that is why the aliens could not (insert 'did not want to' ) find him and Pope in the woods when they were inches from the spotlight beams. What better way to assure Pope that Tom is not the mole than to have them survive the ordeal of being hunted together.

Any takers on this idea?
  15. Unbeliever

Unbeliever Random Nobody

Feb 3, 2001
    Altadena, CA
    The mole had small, feminine hands in the scene where the plans map was being copied.

--Carlos V.
  16. Wil

Wil Senile Member

Sep 26, 2002
    The mole also gave a telling look, evil & smirky, at the end of a shot, after turning away from the other people. No reason for it except to tell viewers this was the mole.

Obvious as it has been right from the start, there is one scene earlier which is inexplicable if the mole is the mole. They're either going to have to explain it, or they just don't care about playing fair with viewers.
  17. scooterboy

scooterboy Coney Island Small

Mar 27, 2001
    I would think the one thing we can count on is that "the mole is the mole". :confused:
  18. danterner

danterner Not it!

Mar 4, 2005
    Greenacres, FL
    Sounds just like something a mole would say.
  19. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Maybe it's really a vole, who's just distracting us by making us look for a mole?