1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Falling Skies S2E1 "Worlds Apart" OAD 6/17/12

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by tiams, Jun 17, 2012.

1. tiams

tiams New Member

Apr 19, 2004
    Season two has a new showrunner - Remi Aubuchon. This season reportedly is a lot darker. They have added former Battlestar Galactica writers.

Starts tonight!

2. Waldorf

Waldorf Super Duper Member

Oct 4, 2002
    Phoenix, AZ
    Frakkin' fantastic. Not sure how I feel about that.

3. kdmorse

kdmorse Active Member

Jan 29, 2001
    Germantown, MD
    I was a little worried at the start that they meant this literally. As in, turn off all the lights in the room, and turn up the brightness on your TV. Fortunately it didn't stay that way

4. markz

markz Hilarity Ensues

Oct 22, 2002
    Connersville...
    Glad to have it back!

5. robojerk

robojerk Active Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Laguna Hills CA
    First off, can we also add that there were 2 episodes for the premiere. S02E02 "Shall We Gather at the River" also aired.

Season 1 started off poorly in my opinion but somewhere the show built up some momentum and it became good in terms of sci-fi summer TV.

I liked both episodes, but I'm a sucker for sci fi.. What I will say, if the scene where Tom Mason is in the ship was done on a green screen, it was done a bajillion time better than any crap "on ship" scene from the show V (still not perfect though.).
    Glad to have it back too. :)

[​IMG]

6. ihatecable

ihatecable Crazy Collies

Apr 16, 2003
    Long Island,NY
    I do. If they say the aliens have a plan, I'm going to have to stop watching it,lol

7. Jeeters

Jeeters Registered Snoozer

Feb 25, 2003
    PA
    Only watched the first episode so far. Will watch the other tonight.

Not sure how I feel about the season yet.

The flashbacks with Tom were terrific. And great FX, too.

But whenever those scenes ended, I felt like I was then watching a CW network soap, what with all of Tom's kids bickering about... gee... I don't really remember, since I started FF'ing past them.

8. TAsunder

TAsunder Debates Ghee vs Gi

Aug 6, 2003
    Madison, WI
    I've only watched the first of the two episodes and a slight bit beyond that, but I'm already annoyed by the illogical actions of the characters.

9. morac

morac Cat God

Mar 14, 2003
    NJ
    The 2nd season definitely started off on a fast pace. I'm not sure if they'll be able to keep up the momentum though.

According to the 2nd watch and the companion app, that scene was done entirely on green (blue actually) screen.

So when do they start calling the mechs, "toasters"?

10. stellie93

stellie93 Active Member

Feb 25, 2006
    Pretty good. Why did the kid with the implant lie to the others about hearing the ear splitting noise--which it seemed like only he could hear?

Is it possible that some of the other species who have been made slaves of the main aliens also might have a resistance of their own and want to work with us? Like the one who seemed to let him escape? Or are he (his name escapes me--Noah Wiley) and his son just being controlled?

I think I would be tempted to take the reservation offer and run with it. But then it probably wasn't a sincere offer anyhow. :( It's hard to accept that these hi tech aliens don't know exactly where they are.

11. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    I think he just wants to be seen as normal...
    "We've decided that because of the way you've interfered with our takeover of your planet, we're on your side after all. Look, we even set up these cozy extermination camps reservations, where you can die more easily live in peace."

12. morac

morac Cat God

Mar 14, 2003
    NJ
    That actually confused me as well. I though it was established last year that he could "hear" the radio wave signals that the skitters used to communicate with each other and that's how they came up with the jammer they used in the Season 1 finale. Now it's like no one seems to know about that.

13. RGM1138

RGM1138 I wanna Rock

Oct 6, 1999
    Gulfport, MS
    To Serve Man . . .

It's a cookbook!

:D

14. sieglinde

sieglinde New Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    Instead of yelling at the alien, I would have been asking him what he wanted with the planet. I assume resources? Except do you travel billions of light years which has to be expensive with a limited crew. (It does look like they are raising "skitters" but what about the aliens in charge?)

15. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    "Billions of light years"?

As far as I know, it could be "singles of light years"!

16. ihatecable

ihatecable Crazy Collies

Apr 16, 2003
    Long Island,NY
    or a couple of dozen light years. That and a dozen quarters will get you on the subway,lol

17. Idearat

Idearat New Member

Nov 26, 2000
    Gilroy
    There was a quick throwaway line about the aliens rendering the jamming ineffective, I don't remember it exactly.

I was thinking the same thing. Last season they had come up with the jamming and new bullets for their ammunition that could pierce the alien hardware. When this season started the new advancement seemed to have just been gone.

18. tivogurl

tivogurl New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Now they're wasting bullets knowing they'll be ineffective against the 'bots, unless that fact is being thrown under the bus. Indeed, their fire discipline is so lousy they should be out of bullets by now, unless we're ignoring resource depletion issues touched on last season. I also wonder where they're getting fuel for the convoy.

19. Hoffer

Hoffer Captain Chaos

Jun 1, 2001
    Twin Cities, MN
    I just sat down to watch the first 2 episodes of the show for season 2. I'm watching the show and everything seemed odd. Like I missed an episode or something. Well, turns out I was watching episode 2. My DVR didn't record episode 1 at its first airing due to a conflict. It recording it after the 2nd episode.

So, the guy is walking around holding his stomach like he was injured and I couldn't figure out why. They talked about him being gone for 3 months and I was wondering how they got him back. I started watching what I thought was the second episode and I finally figured out what happened. :)

20. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Don't you just hate time travel stories?

:D