1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Falling Skies S02E03 "Compass" OAD 6/24/2012

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by robojerk, Jun 25, 2012.

1. robojerk

robojerk Active Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Laguna Hills CA
    For better or for worse, the show definitely has a BSG feel to it now.

Anyone get the feeling Charleston, South Carolina is one of the "reservations" the aliens was trying to recommend to Mason? It would help at least explain away why that chick is able to freely fly around so much without fear of being shot down.

2. Ment

Ment Active Member

Mar 27, 2008
    People's...
    So aliens can't find a old plane cause their radar sucks? :) How is it that the doc hasn't noticed that the alien bug escaped the glass jar yet?

3. robojerk

robojerk Active Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Laguna Hills CA
    Like I said, if they're on a reservation, and she's bringing more people to it, the aliens probably wouldn't want to shoot it down.
    I thought they left that bus behind at the bridge in episode 2.

4. danplaysbass

danplaysbass I watch too much TV.

Jul 19, 2004
    Philadelphia
    No, they were able to push it across after it got stuck. That is why Tom stayed behind to defend the bridge.

Also the eye bug escaped and went and buried itself in a skitters eye. Speaking of, whatever that one skitter is doing to Ben is creepy.

5. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Girl Assistant noticed the hole in the jar, so presumably she told the Doc...unless this is like Lost, where nobody ever tells anybody anything. :D

6. Ment

Ment Active Member

Mar 27, 2008
    People's...
    So no one included Doc is concerned an alien-who-knows-what-it-is escaped. Or maybe Pope is the only one that knows thats why he's so up in arms about Tom? :)

7. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Maybe Girl Assistant told Tom...who didn't tell anybody else because HE'S AN ALIEN STOOGE!!!

8. Ment

Ment Active Member

Mar 27, 2008
    People's...
    I'll rewatch S1 at one sitting if that turns out to be true!

9. vikingguy

vikingguy New Member

Aug 11, 2005
    I liked this episode a lot. The first 3 so far this season a drastic improvement over season 1. The new crew has done a damn good job so far. I am liking the new darker tone of this season. I only worry since they are writers of BSG they don't have a long term arc in mind and just write on the fly. That only works so long before it crumbles on its self. So far so good can't wait for next week.

They are being pushed to a reservation not doubt in my mind. If it is to good to be true idefiantlyly is. The aliens would be all over a city with 3k people. If she was not an alien stooge that plane would of been shot down. If they can track heat of a car they can track the head of a plane.

10. trainman

trainman Nice to see you

Jan 29, 2001
    Sherman...
    I see a hole in the "Charleston" story -- the Canadian registration on the plane.

(I think that's not really supposed to be relevant, though. :D )

11. Ment

Ment Active Member

Mar 27, 2008
    People's...
    That only makes sense...Canadiens aren't loyal to the US of A! Alien conspiracy! :)

12. stellie93

stellie93 Active Member

Feb 25, 2006
    Yeah, it was really good, but did she ever explain why they're just letting this big settlement be there? Whether they know it or not, the aliens must be letting them stay there for some reason. Just gather everyone together for a year or so, and then wipe them all out at once.

Also, did they even question whether the girl was one of those controlled by the skitters like the girl who talked to Mason? Did they have the spikes in their neck like Ben? Even if they did, they may have found a less obvious way to control them--like maybe a little worm....

Also it seemed weird that Pope got all excited about Mason when he came back, but has let Ben be there all this time.

Is Ben aware that the skitter is talking to him, or is he blacking out?

13. eddyj

eddyj Señor Member TCF Club

Jun 20, 2002
    South Florida
    Both times it was that special skitter, with the one red eye.

14. Anubys

Anubys KMT Soccer Playa

Jul 16, 2004
    Fairfax...
    And it was the right eye. The bug flew into the left eye of a skitter. I don't know if that is a continuity problem or just a different skitter.

I am loving the show, but people are just not behaving in a normal way. In regular life, you keep feelings for each other bottled up as you're afraid of putting yourself out there. In a situation where you could die in 5 minutes, people who like each other would give rabbits a run for their money in the sex department.

15. eddyj

eddyj Señor Member TCF Club

Jun 20, 2002
    South Florida
    I don't think the bug has anything to do with the eye color, but rather with the fact that it went to the "special" skitter. The red-eyed skitter has shown up a few times (in the ship, and I think it was the one shooting all the "escaped" prisoners). They even made it clear he was different when Ben (or his dead buddy) mentioned it being creepy or something like that. He will be important in the future, I am betting.

16. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Yeah, it was definitely the red-eyed skitter that the bug went into. It just went into the other eye...but the red eye was very clearly visible.

17. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh.

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    Pope is supposed to be the resident badass but he's a cartoon character. I laugh at his tough guy-ness.

I noticed the wolf guy (Henry?) from Sanctuary towards the end of this episode.

18. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh.

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    We don't know what their birth control supplies are like. I don't think too many women would want to be pregnant during an alien apocalypse. Or maybe they're all devout, Pope fearing Catholics. :)

19. Anubys

Anubys KMT Soccer Playa

Jul 16, 2004
    Fairfax...
    1. As an undergrad, I actually did a research study with the hypothesis "do catholic girls keep their virginity longer?". The answer was not what you'd expect!

2. They don't seem to run out of coffee, they can pick out some condoms from the same store!

3. In fact, people are more likely to not just have more sex in these conditions, but also procreate at a higher rate.

4. There are other ways of having sex, if you know what I mean (see point 1 above).

5. You can always pull out!

20. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    After three episodes, I'm not liking this season as much as the first. There's too much stupid stuff these characters are doing. But I'm still watching. It's not terrible, just not as good