1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Falling Skie - S3E2 - "Badlands"

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Steveknj, Jun 19, 2013.

1. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    I'm surprised there's no thread yet. I thought this was a good episode. So there's another President, the real US President, and they have found out about Tom's little republic. You can pretty much guess, based on the reaction of the captured soldier that they have no deals with the aliens.

2. sieglinde

sieglinde New Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    Yeah, I like this twist

3. Snappa77

Snappa77 RUDEBWOY

Feb 14, 2004
    BOSTON
    Annoyed with everyone keeping everything a secret.

The sleepwalking son. The doctor mom with the E*Trade talking baby.

Previous seasons it was the same thing.

Still like the show. Just wish these damm ppl would stop acting like the ppl on LOST and actually communicate once in awhile.

/end rant

4. robojerk

robojerk Active Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Laguna Hills CA
    Haven't seen the episode yet...

Shouldn't this be episode 3? They ran 2 episodes last week.

5. fmowry

fmowry Active Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Baltimore, MD
    The hoakiness/stupidity is wearing thin on me. I did like this episode better than the first two.

6. stark

stark Member

Dec 31, 2003
    Eden...
    She DID try to tell Tom and the girl. They thought that she was crazy.

7. Bryanmc

Bryanmc I'm normal.

Sep 5, 2000
    Richardson,...
    The thing that's bugging me the most is the giant machine that they are building.

Are they *really* working on a project at the Vohm's direction that they know nothing about? It doesn't seem like they have any idea, you'd expect that the Vohm would have told them something about it even if they were lying.

8. Steveknj

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    Correct, my bad. I had forgotten that they broke the 2 hours into 2 separate eps

9. stark

stark Member

Dec 31, 2003
    Eden...
    The Vohm told them that the big alien towers created some kind of shield that prevented the Vohm from landing one of their big ships. The gun is supposed to destroy one of the towers and create a gap in the shield.

10. Steveknj

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    I still want to know where the names of the various alien factions came from. I don't remember them from last season (maybe they were there, but I don't recall). And we still have little explanation on what happened over those 6 months that the series jumped.

11. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    It's possible that during those six months, they had a conversation with their new allies during which the names of the various races came up... ;)

12. Steveknj

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    Oh I'm sure. :rolleyes: And that is only how it's translated in English :)

It just seems weird that they started calling them that. It's like we were in a coma for 6 months and we missed what happened. At least they could have thrown us a bone and given us a movie in January to explain all this :)

13. Bryanmc

Bryanmc I'm normal.

Sep 5, 2000
    Richardson,...
    I'm guessing you're not a Mad Men viewer. :D

14. Steveknj

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    Hahaha.

In the immortal word of Don Draper

"I am"

15. aaronw

aaronw Member

Apr 13, 2001
    Washington, DC
    So, one thing that confounds me is they clearly have enough time in whatever building they're in to put up drywall, tape, and then mud the tape and the drywall screws, but not time enough to paint?

16. Steveknj

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    Hahaha, I noticed that too. My one thought was, maybe paint isn't available. Maybe the drywall is recovered from wrecked building and so forth.

This needs to be explained and NOW! ;):D

17. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    I thought the building was under construction when the invasion hit, and the new dwellers took it "as is." And post-mud but pre-paint is visually the best stage for getting accross "under construction but livable."

If they painted it, it wouldn't look like it had been under construction when the invasion hit. ;)

18. mrdbdigital

mrdbdigital The TBS Archives TCF Club

Feb 2, 2004
    Moultrie, GA
    I was under the impression from last season that this was an unfinished underground mall that the Charleston resistance movement had moved into, which explains the studs, drywall, etc., and why the some of the "bedroom" apartments look like store fronts (with the glass doors, etc.).

19. Bryanmc

Bryanmc I'm normal.

Sep 5, 2000
    Richardson,...
    Then this should be old hat to you. Mad Men is almost nothing but the viewer having to fill in the gaps, since each episode is about a month after the previous one.

20. Steveknj

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    It's a different kind of pace than this show. Mad Men, moves slow to begin with and usually major plot points are not glossed over that much. Here, the took a big jump and we are left to guess things about where the names of the alien "tribes" came from, and how they became aligned (MAJOR plot point), and how Tom even became President. With Mad Men, I never felt I miss something somewhere. But here, I do. Not that I like the show any more or any less.