1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fallen Skies 7/8/2012

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by fmowry, Jul 10, 2012.

1. fmowry

fmowry Active Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Baltimore, MD
    I thought this one was better as the prisoner skitter and it's talking through the kid is sort of interesting.

Huge hole in the timeline when they were being attacked and had to move then coming back from the commercial they're holed up in a new place already. Did I miss something or fall asleep maybe?

At least Tom and Doc finally hooked up.

2. Ment

Ment Active Member

Mar 27, 2008
    People's...
    I learned that somehow hospitals are hermetically sealed once under apocalyptic attack.

3. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Not only that, but you can turn on the lights at night without alien invaders flying overhead being able to see you.

4. DouglasPHill

DouglasPHill Active Member

Feb 10, 2005
    St Louis, MO
  5. ihatecable

ihatecable Crazy Collies

Apr 16, 2003
    Long Island,NY
    I think that Skitter that "saved" Tom's life would have had a lot more credibility if he left all the prisoners get away alive and not just Tom

6. Anubys

Anubys KMT Soccer Playa

Jul 16, 2004
    Fairfax...
    But how does he explain that to the overlords?

So, even if you don't believe him, why not pepper him with questions? why waste ALL your time with him telling him you don't believe him? even misinformation is information!

ARGH!

At least someone started having sex!

7. ihatecable

ihatecable Crazy Collies

Apr 16, 2003
    Long Island,NY
    You have a good point. We could assume that the Mecs are not sentient and just dumb machines. Data recordings/logs on said Mecs could be altered. So the only way the overlords would know would be if they checked up on the killing fields themselves (or loyal skitters). That said this show as a few wholes in the story such that a couple more wouldn't hurt it that much more.

8. morac

morac Cat God

Mar 14, 2003
    NJ
    Skitter: The death squad is coming to kill us all! We should leave now!
    Tom: That's nice, tell me about my son.

9. cherry ghost

cherry ghost Active Member

Sep 13, 2005
    Chicago
    isn't it "Falling Skies"?

10. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    That was last year. By now, they've hit the ground.

11. stellie93

stellie93 Active Member

Feb 25, 2006
    Lol. :D I was waiting for that one.

12. fmowry

fmowry Active Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Baltimore, MD
    See, perfect title. But hey, they're having sex!

13. Anubys

Anubys KMT Soccer Playa

Jul 16, 2004
    Fairfax...
    I wonder what kind of protection they used...:p

14. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    Gauze bandages and antibiotic ointment.

15. DeDondeEs

DeDondeEs Well-Known Member TCF Club

Feb 20, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    Yeah first off before they turned the generator on, they had 3 battery powered lanterns on in the one hospital room where the leader guy was sleeping. Then, yeah lets turn on every light in the hospital, including the bright red "Hospital" sign on the outside. And I thought previously they had to cover all of the vehicle hoods to prevent the enemy from detecting heat, but they go fire up a big diesel generator. Shouldn't they be getting sleep anyways?

Then in the beginning of the show they see some explosions in the distance and figure it would be prudent to go check it out. These people are dumb. :D

16. morac

morac Cat God

Mar 14, 2003
    NJ
    To be fair, they turned on the emergency generators. I doubt that would turn on the external lighting, though I wouldn't think that would turn on ALL the lights. After all you're trying to conserve power at that point.

As for heat generators, they previously mentioned they haven't seen any enemy aircraft for some time now. I believe those were the only the things detecting heat. That's also why they are driving around without wrapping the engines.

17. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    I noticed what appeared to be insulation on the hood of a truck in this episode.

I have no problem with all the lights going on. What I have a problem with is that they weren't immediately scrambling to turn them all off. Detection by the aliens is only part of the issue. There's also the fact that running more lights will use more diesel fuel, and diesel has to be a pretty scarce commodity at this point.

18. wkearney99

wkearney99 Bill Kearney

Dec 5, 2003
    Bethesda,...
    Ah, yes, continuity and outright mistakes... all the better to keep the rabble ranting about it online...

Cue Hollywood hackneyed storyline #302... enemy forms 5th column movement...

At least they're not dressed in tacky 80's getups (a la "V")...

19. tivogurl

tivogurl New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    I was shocked at this extravagant waste of diesel fuel. That said, running more lights probably has no effect on fuel consumption, since a couple of hallways on one floor is likely far less than the minimum output of a generator designed to power an entire hospital.

20. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Quad Sillies
    ...on a BOUNCY bed....:D