1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fall Update - Shows deleted that didn't need to be

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by beejay, Oct 30, 2012.

1. beejay

beejay New Member

Feb 3, 2001
    Richmond, IN
    I relate this story in case others are in my position and don't want to lose recordings that have no reason to be deleted.

I installed 20.2.2 today.

Before that, I had a number of recordings that were expired. Disk usage was 92%. I have most recordings KUID. So not all future recordings were scheduled to record because of a future disk space problem. (You don't need to tell me I'm doing it "wrong". I'm doing it this way for my own reasons.)

After the install, I noticed my disk usage was 87%. I puzzled over that until I realize that all my expired recordings had been deleted.

For instance, "This show was deleted because space was needed to record other shows on 10/30 at 10:49pm".

But space wasn't needed. I still have about 50 recordings in the deleted folder.

So I believe there is an error in the new software that deletes expired recordings even when the space is not needed. I'm hoping this is one-time only at the install, rather than a continuing issue.

And my main reason for mentioning this is to give others in my situation a chance to change expired recordings that they may want to watch so they aren't deleted during the install.

2. BlackBetty

BlackBetty I

Nov 5, 2004
    Same thing happened to me.

3. Leon WIlkinson

Leon WIlkinson TiVo Gone Wild

Feb 13, 2000
    TiVo Town
    I wonder if they up-ed the reserved space for the box, for caching of remote boxes or whatever?

4. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    I didn't see any issues on my boxes. I don't use KUID delete though. I did have some shows on my boxes that were almost two years old that could be deleted if it gets too full, but they didn't have any issues. They were still there after the update and the boxes were still just as full.

5. beejay

beejay New Member

Feb 3, 2001
    Richmond, IN
    But do you have future shows that won't be recorded because of not enough space? I think that also has to be the case for these unneeded deletes.

6. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    I didn't notice any future recordings that would not record. But I also don't use KUID so when the box does get completely full it would start deleting something.