1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fall Update Install Issue

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by mikes781, Dec 7, 2012.

1. mikes781

mikes781 New Member

Aug 25, 2009
    I'm sure there in an obvious answer to this but after a fair amount of searching I can't find anyone that is having the same issue. For the past few weeks I've been getting a pop up window twice a day that an update is available. There is an option install or cancel it. Problem is that no matter what buttons that I push on my remote I can't select either of the options and the window eventually disappears. Has anyone else come across this issue?

Thanks

Mike

2. Tico

Tico Bear Down Cats!!!!!

Dec 9, 2002
    On your Tivo?

I have never seen a pop up Update available on any of my 5 Tivos.

If there really is an update available a reboot will install it.

3. mikes781

mikes781 New Member

Aug 25, 2009
    It actually says there is a firmware update available. Ive never seen it either. I've rebooted a few times with the same results.

4. Arcady

Arcady Stargate Fan

Oct 14, 2004
    Philadelphia...
    Could it be a CableCard firmware update? Anything in the CableCard menu?

5. pig_man

pig_man Member

Jun 4, 2009
    Maybe it's your TV that's asking for the update. See if you can navigate with your TV remote.

6. Langree

Langree The Gimp

Apr 29, 2004
    Freezinmyass...
    My TiVo HD did get a software service update last night. HD Menu changes and a few other things. No mention of firmware.

7. mikes781

mikes781 New Member

Aug 25, 2009
    Ding, ding, ding we have a winner... well almost. :thumbup: Turns out it was my Denon receiver. It just has a similar blue menu. I'm a dope. Thanks for giving get my brain a jump start. :)

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2