1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Failure to record 'No longer in guide'

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by akaussie, Sep 28, 2013.

1. akaussie

akaussie Member

Aug 18, 2010
    This past week I've had three instances where my Roamio Plus with upgraded 3TB hard drive has failed to record a show due to the show being 'no longer in guide' according to the Tivo history. I am on Comcast in Salt Lake City, UT.
    The three instances this week were:

Tues 9/24 New Girl at 8pm on channel 655 (FOX). It was aired as my recording for The Mindy Project following New Girl recorded properly and had the end of New Girl on it due to padding.

Wed 9/25 Top Chef Masters at 8pm on channel 707 (Bravo). A later airing was a recorded. A lineup change for this channel did occur on 9/17 - the guide info was for the East Coast feed originally while I receive the west feed. This probably explains this issue.

Thurs 9/26 The Michael J Fox Show at 8:30 on channel 653 (NBC). The episode at 8pm recorded properly. A repeat of the episode was recorded on Fri 9/27. When I look back at the guide data the 8:30 episode shows up, so no idea why it didn't record.

Any thoughts on why this might have happened? I never saw this in my 3 years with my Premiere.

Thanks!

2. dwit

dwit Active Member

May 4, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Similar happened on my Tivo HD for the Michael J show. Recorded the 8:00 show, not the 8:30.

I do believe these are/were guide(and/or human error) issues and not the Tivos.

Just my opinion. Didn't look too deeply into it.

3. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    FWIW both Michael J Fox episodes recorded for me without issue, so it's not a general Roamio problem.

4. akaussie

akaussie Member

Aug 18, 2010
    Thanks for the thoughts. It also happened on Saturday Night Live. Luckily I caught that it wasn't recording so I manually recorded it. Will try forcing a connection or two and rebooting, hopefully that clears things up.

EDIT: So in investigating the SNL missed recording I realized that it switched channels from CW to NBC. Here in Salt Lake City prior to this year SNL was broadcast on the CW.