1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Face Off Season 4 thread *spoilers*

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Cearbhaill, Jan 17, 2013.

1. Cearbhaill

Cearbhaill Garden obsessed

Aug 1, 2004
    Raking leaves
    We have a new season and some early front runners- anyone watching?
    I love this show and its focus on the competition- no house drama.

2. robbhimself

robbhimself New Member

Sep 13, 2006
    i'm watching, and very glad they aren't showing much in the house again. i'm not sure they sent the right person home, the face makeup was bad, but that volcano hat was awful and covered up too much of the bad face makeup. the desert team was stacked with 2 very strong artists, i'd like to see where they go

3. tiassa

tiassa Me --Avatar

Jul 2, 2008
    I thought the woman on the Swamp team was going to get sent home, but I guess bad time management is less of an issue than bag design.

4. Cearbhaill

Aug 1, 2004
    Raking leaves
    The blonde, right?
    Westmore himself told them to remember to allow enough time for painting when he looked at their designs, so no excuses for them.
    I liked the Arctic King myself.

5. Cainebj

Cainebj Active Member

Nov 10, 2006
    New York
    Still liking it - I do think they sent the right person home - he was a bit of a drip.

I thought they did a great job with the first major challenge - I was worried after the quick one - some of that was pretty bad.

6. tiassa

tiassa Me --Avatar

Jul 2, 2008
    Remember that in the quick challenge they had 2 (or maybe 3) hours to design and execute the makeup. For the Big challenges they have many hours to sketch and plan even before they get into the lab to create their designs, that's why some of the quick challenge designs looked like "grab a crown and throw some random stuff on the model".

7. pmyers

pmyers Active Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    I was really impressed with the final 3. I would have been happy for any of them to win but wasn't surprised by who won.

8. Cearbhaill

Aug 1, 2004
    Raking leaves
    Yep, I would have been happy with any of them.
    I did feel sorry for Anthony being stuck with Autumn and am glad she didn't derail him or whine him into insanity.

The show looked fun!

9. sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    I was so glad for Anthony. He was my pick from the beginning of the season. Oh man, I felt badly when he got stuck with Autumn and was afraid that would screw him up totally.

I felt badly that Fox got eliminated last week. I didn't think it should have been him but oh well. Maybe he will win the online thing and get a chance next season. In the beginning he just skeeved me out but he's a talented kid, so I hope to see him again. I expected him and Anthony to be the last two standing (had forgotten they do a finale with three).

10. pmyers

pmyers Active Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    I did think the painting of the face on the orange character looked really bad and was surprised the judges didn't point that out. But the counterpart blue guy was awesome!