1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Extra recordings in HD Recordings Folder

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by Dlcrouch, Sep 22, 2012.

1. Dlcrouch

Dlcrouch New Member

Sep 7, 2012
    There are a number of recordings in the HD Recordings folder I know I did not setup for recording. Anyone else see the same thing?

2. lpwcomp

lpwcomp Active Member

May 6, 2002
    John's...
    No. But then, I have suggestions turned off.

3. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    Any and every HD recording you have ends up in that folder as well as a separate entry in My Shows. At 1 point when HD channels were less available than they are today TiVo thought it was a good idea to have a separate folder indicating which recordings are in HD. These days the folder is pretty much useless to most and they should just get rid of it. I don't have a single SD channel in my TiVo channel list anymore so the folder is completely useless to me.

4. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    They need to have an SD folder.

5. MichaelK

MichaelK New Member

Jan 10, 2002
    NJ
    they do- it's called "recently deleted" ;-)

6. mattack

mattack Active Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    I use the HD recordings folder because it's an easy way to have all of the CNET HD podcasts in one folder (I subscribe to several of the feeds, and DO have some duplicates.. the downloading used to seem flakier to me a few years ago, so having the duplicates was a way to ensure I most likely had all of them). I record ALMOST nothing else HD, due to disk space issues. (Even with a 2 TB drive, which I currently don't have, that's not a TON of HD recording, since I like to keep LOTS of shows around. Though I'm on a TivoHD, and IIRC, at least without any Windows-based upgrade tools, I'm limited to ~1.5 TB anyway.)

7. FiddyownzX1

FiddyownzX1 New Member

Sep 23, 2012
    Lmfao :up:

8. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    You might be surprised. I was. I used to have a 1TB hard drive in my TiVo HD, and I was running into space issues.
    I put a 2 TB hard drive in last year and now my RD folder consistantly has more shows than my NPL. :p
    Of course that will change now that fall TV is starting up. :eek: