1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Extended warranty and failing remote

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by t1v0fan2004, Aug 8, 2012.

1. t1v0fan2004

t1v0fan2004 New Member

Oct 20, 2007
    I've got a Tivo w/ a failing remote (confirmed by testing with the remote from another Tivo). The unit is under an extended warranty. Called Tivo to ask for a replacement remote and they told me remotes aren't covered by the extended warranty since they're an "accessory." Am I being BS'd?
  2. theraven146

theraven146 New Member

Jul 25, 2012
    That's bad. I have heard several such instances before where companies claim that they offer warranties and extended warranties and in the end you find that most of your queries are not covered under warranty. The question is "does the remote come from somewhere else"? If the remote too is from the company then why is there no warranty for it?
  3. CoxInPHX

CoxInPHX COX Communications

Jan 14, 2011
    Phoenix, AZ
    Even if the remote was covered under the extended warranty, then you would be using that warranty for a $20 remote. The extended warranty is a use once and done warranty, so then the actual TiVo would be no longer covered. Is that what you would like?