1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Existing Roamio Hard Drive Upgrade - Do I lose season passes?

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by tommylicious, Dec 15, 2013.

1. tommylicious

tommylicious New Member

Dec 14, 2013
    Hi Gents if I perform a hard drive upgrade on a Roamio on which I've already set up a bunch of season passes, will I have to reprogram those season passes after I perform the upgrade? I know I'll lose the content, but I'm just wondering whether I will have to reprogram the season passes. If I have to reprogram, is there a workaround whereby I won't have to do so? Thanks.
  2. ltxi

ltxi New Member

Feb 14, 2010
    Yes.....you will lose everything/setting stored on the hard drive. I believe there's a TiVo account based system solution for transferring season passes, but I've never used it.
  3. tommylicious

tommylicious New Member

Dec 14, 2013
    Thanks lt

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
  4. cosmicvoid

cosmicvoid Tivo noob

Oct 13, 2013
    Or you can use kmttg to save SP, and then reload them to the new drive after it is set up.
  5. chrispitude

chrispitude New Member

Apr 23, 2005
    If you have more than a few dozen season passes, avoid the tivo.com online season pass manager.

kmttg worked great for me to save all 140 season passes from my Premiere, and restore them to my Roamio. I highly recommend it.
  6. gigaguy

gigaguy New Member

Aug 29, 2013
    i did the online tivo.com -My acct - Find Shows -Season Pass Mgr.
    to move Season Passes from one Tivo to another. worked fine but was a little slow.
    oops, probably not be doable on the same TiVO, SOrry for my post..
  7. vurbano

vurbano New Member

Apr 20, 2004
    online season pass manager has transfferred passes for many of my tivos. It built the passes on my Roamio from 3 Premeire units' season passes.