1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ever had Tivo update fail for a day?

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by sieglinde, Jun 15, 2013.

1. sieglinde

sieglinde New Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    I noticed that both of my Tivos had not done an update on Friday. So I forced one and it failed saying it was disconnected during the update. I tried it off and on all day Friday. Then this morning I tried it and both Tivos updated fine. This means it was not a hardware problem with my Tivos. (I had hard rebooted both which helps with many a problem) It was not a problem with my internet because the diagnostics said that was OK and I could see the lights on my modem happily blinking. Weird. Was Tivo down?

2. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    It happens. You have 12 days of data so there is no reason to force a call when it fails. It'll bug you if it happens for more then a few days in a row.

3. waterchange

waterchange Member

Jun 29, 2010
    Tivo did tweet yesterday "We are aware of some network issues that may affect some customers. We are working to resolve the issue as soon as possible."

4. sieglinde

sieglinde New Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    Thanks. The thing that prevented me from contacting Tivo on Friday was time and I had not had time to make sure my network was not the problem.

5. mattack

mattack Active Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    I've had updates fail sporadically for years.. but yeah, I saw the same interruption a few days ago..

It's annoying, since I really thought the problem was on my end (though I knew I was able to see the web on my iphone through my wifi router).. But my iPad couldn't successfully connect to my Premiere 4, and both Premiere 4 & TivoHD couldn't complete a connection.