1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ethernet cable not found?

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Tobashadow, Jul 11, 2013.

1. Tobashadow

Tobashadow Read over there --->

Nov 11, 2006
    Had a wired setup to both my Series 2 boxes for a few years now and suddenly last night I lost half my network.

After testing the ethernet wires I traced it down to my living room Series 2 DT and as soon as I would plug the ethernet into the tivo my switch would lose connection and knock out my network.

I've got it working on wireless right now albeit slow as piss but it's working. The tivo reports no ethernet cable when i plug it in but the cable is perfect on my tester.

Dead network jack?

2. supasta

supasta New Member

May 6, 2006
    Colorado
    It sounds like the switch could be the problem as well.
    How does the TiVo behave if you connect it to the network without the switch in line (if possible)?

3. Tobashadow

Tobashadow Read over there --->

Nov 11, 2006
    I swapped out the switch also to a known good one and the same result happened, everything downstream of switch lost connection until I removed the line going to the Tivo.

I'm going to try a laptop on the Tivo end of the line later tonight when I get home but my tester showed the cable as good.