1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ERR-2 Comcast/Xfinity On Demand - when using Tivo Search

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by triftraf, Feb 4, 2013.

1. triftraf

triftraf New Member

Jan 26, 2006
    Does Xfinity On Demand work for others if you go to it via Tivo's search via Find TV->Search

I seem to get a LOT of ERR-2 when attempting to actually watch it.

I can watch shows if I go directly to Find TV->Xfinity On Demand

For example - if I search for "Airplane" - it does appear in TiVo's search as available via Xfinity On Demand. But if it try to watch it - I get ERR-2. When I go through Find TV->Xfinity On Demand and look for it there - it doesn't appear to be available... So possibly ERR-2 is really indicating that the show is not found. So why is the TiVo search finding things that don't really exist in Xfinity On Demand?

2. mattack

mattack Active Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    I don't remember what error I was getting, but yesterday I was getting errors that I had never seen before (also the On Demand program playing simply FROZE for me once, which I've never seen before).

Eventually trying enough, I got it to work. (I *rarely* use On Demand, but Spike (1) shows few commercials in their On Demand (ironically), and (2) lets you FF through them, and (3) doesn't copy protect the On Demand so I can dub off Joe Schmoe to watch on my faster-than-realtime recorder anyway.)

3. Millionaire2K

Millionaire2K New Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Philadelphia
    I also get that at times triftraf.

Seems to happen to me when the show is no longer on-demand and the Tivo thinks it is.