1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Episodes - Season 2 thread

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Anubys, Jul 23, 2012.

1. Anubys

Anubys KMT Soccer Playa

Jul 16, 2004
    Fairfax...
    I gave up waiting for someone to start a thread and figured I would do it myself!

I love this show. Everyone in it is perfect. It is wickedly funny. Where's the love for it on TCF? am I the only one watching?

2. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    I watched it a while back when it aired elsewhere.

I do love the chemistry between, well, everybody...but Sean and Beverly in particular. They are SO perfect as a long-married couple, both before and after the break-up. Their relationship is so great it's heartbreaking to see them separate, and yet plausible at the same time. Great acting + great writing = win.

3. Bob Coxner

Bob Coxner Active Member

Dec 1, 2004
    It's a really good show. Season 2 is even better than season 1. However, it's hard to discuss here since many of us have already seen all of season 2 either on torrents or the BBC iPlayer.

4. Anubys

Anubys KMT Soccer Playa

Jul 16, 2004
    Fairfax...
    I had no idea season 2 was already available. I love this show so much, I don't think I will wait for 1 episode per week then.

Usually, I will watch each week if there is a robust TCF discussion. Clearly, that is not the case!

5. Amnesia

Amnesia The Question

Jan 30, 2005
    Boston, MA
    I love this show too. Matt is so funny on it...

6. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    It's a co-production with a British network, which just finished airing the season a couple of weeks ago.

7. Hoffer

Hoffer Captain Chaos

Jun 1, 2001
    Twin Cities, MN
    I watched the show through other means as well. Season 2 was great!!!

8. Anubys

Anubys KMT Soccer Playa

Jul 16, 2004
    Fairfax...
    Heck, I'm going to download the rest of the season then and watch it all at once this weekend. This Friday night is going to rock!

9. sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    I just started this season and am loving the show. Wish I had tuned in earlier. I thought this current one was only season 2. Perhaps I'm more confused than I thought I was. :D

Speaking of Matt and his 'Friends', I tried watching (for the second time) Lisa Kudrow's show and I just cannot get into her character. I mostly went back this season for the guest stars (There is nothing Meryl Streep does that I don't love), but Lisa's character is just way too - I don't know what - for me.

10. Hoffer

Hoffer Captain Chaos

Jun 1, 2001
    Twin Cities, MN
    Everyone in this thread is talking about season 2. Some of us got the show off the internet because it aired in the UK before it came to the US. If you were a dirty pirate, you could have finished watching season 2 a couple weeks ago like me. :)

11. Unbeliever

Unbeliever Random Nobody

Feb 3, 2001
    Altadena, CA
    And then it gets cancelled because nobody is watching the channel, and the ratings drop.

"You told us not to worry about ratings."
    "Yeah, you can worry about the ratings, now."

--Carlos V.

12. getreal

getreal postcrastinator

Sep 29, 2003
    Earth
    Arrrrr, Ahoy, matey! I be wit' ye on dat one.

13. Cainebj

Cainebj Active Member

Nov 10, 2006
    New York
    I kind of think this season is dragging a little bit.
    But - still enjoying it.

On the other hand the Lisa Kudrow show is more interesting for some reason this season.

14. getreal

getreal postcrastinator

Sep 29, 2003
    Earth
    Lisa's character comes off as smarmy in "Web Therapy", and the improv dialogue comes across as somewhat halting during some actors attempts at cleverness. But I like this show as well. It's interesting to pay attention to the file names on her desktop when Fiona is Skpe-ing with various characters. I also like the bloopers during the end credits.

It would be nice to get a cross-character appearance with Matt LeBlanc.

15. Anubys

Anubys KMT Soccer Playa

Jul 16, 2004
    Fairfax...
    OMG...YCOMT!

I was in the process of sitting down at the time and missed my chair from shock and laughter.

Torrents downloading right now. I wonder if I will be able to wait until Friday to watch the rest of the season.

16. astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston &...
    And when Matt sees the pen, it's the first thing he blurts out!:up::)

17. Anubys

Anubys KMT Soccer Playa

Jul 16, 2004
    Fairfax...
    what else could it be?!

18. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    And then he has to (temporarily) abandon the pen rather than admit what it means.

19. Anubys

Anubys KMT Soccer Playa

Jul 16, 2004
    Fairfax...
    Just finished season 2. Superb show. Loved all of it.

and finally some nudity! that's the only thing this show should improve on :D

20. jilter

jilter Happy to be here.

Oct 4, 2002
    How many eps are there this season? D'lng seems like cheating, I think I will wait...but I do love this show!
    eta: Thanks Rob!