1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Entertainment Weekly Gives Away the Killer from the Killing with headline and picture

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by JohnB1000, Jun 23, 2012.

1. JohnB1000

JohnB1000 Active Member

Dec 6, 2004
    I have 2 eps left to watch in season 2.

Turn the page of EW and there is a bolded headline and a picture. On the Hollywood Insider page :mad:

F#$%ers

2. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    Seriously? You're behind on a prominent mystery show that has revealed its mystery, and you're reading entertainment media and expecting not to be spoiled? I'm sure there are people behind on every show at any given time. So does that mean EW and other entertainment media can never discuss what happens in TV shows?

3. Shaunnick

Shaunnick Active Member

Jul 1, 2005
    Knoxville, TN
    Hahahahahahha. Someone call the Spoiler Nazi's, they have a case!

4. Hoffer

Hoffer Captain Chaos

Jun 1, 2001
    Twin Cities, MN
    This is what I think too.

People are too crazy about spoilers. Start watching the show live if you're that worried about being spoiled. Especially when it is a spoiler to something that took 2 seasons of a tv show to reach.

5. JohnB1000

JohnB1000 Active Member

Dec 6, 2004
    The finale was last week wasn't it ? Plus EW has a stated policy of warning about spoilers, it was on the page where they talk about movie deals etc and actually had nothing to do with the show, they were just talking about what the actor/actress was doing next.

EW goes out of it's way to warn about spoilers etc and yet it was a headline. It was totally inconsistent with their normal operation.

That makes zero sense, sure argue that spoilers happen but surely when it takes 2 years to reveal that's the time you REALLY want the secret kept. Spoiling what happened in last weeks CSI means nothing.

I was/am pissed so sue me.

6. Hoffer

Hoffer Captain Chaos

Jun 1, 2001
    Twin Cities, MN
    Should the rest of the world have to be put on pause because of you?

To be honest, I know nothing about this show. Has the episode even aired that reveals the killer? If they are spoiling it in a magazine before it is on air, then I understand being mad. If the episode has already aired, your loss. Watch the show when it airs or stop reading media of any sort until you do. You hear stories like this all the time. You'd think you spoiler nuts would learn by now.

7. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    I think they're talking about "spoilers" for things that haven't happened yet.

Expecting them to kill a story because 2.3% of the population doesn't watch their TV on the night it happens* is pretty unreasonable.

* You can tell that's a scientific number because even though I made it up, it has a decimal point.

8. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    Yes, the episode already aired. I think it aired last Sunday, but it may have been the Sunday before that. It's pretty unreasonable for anyone to expect entertainment media not to talk about what happened on TV shows.

Some people are probably behind on American Idol, so should EW not be able to have pictures of the winner, and only reveal the name of the winner in the text of an article after clearly stating that there are spoilers upcoming?

After the finale of Lost aired, should EW not have talked about it until several weeks later just in case some people still had a few episodes to watch?

9. Unbeliever

Unbeliever Random Nobody

Feb 3, 2001
    Altadena, CA
    This falls under the "Your own damn fault" rule for spoilers.

http://www.collegehumor.com/video/6739482/official-spoiler-rules

Qualifies as "your own damn fault" for reading for still reading a publication that prints entertainment news in a timely manner whilst being behind on a show that the publication is likely to print about.

--Carlos V.

10. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Quad Sillies
    This thread is HILARIOUS!!

11. Idearat

Idearat New Member

Nov 26, 2000
    Gilroy
    In the movie, the Titanic hits an iceberg. The New York Times spoils what happens next 85 years before the movie comes out!

12. Cainebj

Cainebj Active Member

Nov 10, 2006
    New York
    i don't know why you are all coming down on John - I woulda been irritated too.

of course if there is something i haven't watched that is going to P me O if it's spoiled i try to stay away from everything including social media and/or make sure i watch it close to real time.

13. DougF

DougF Active Member

Mar 18, 2003
    North Dakota
    I have to agree with the others. Once it's aired, it's fair game in the media. If you don't want to be spoiled, watch it or stay away from things like EW.

14. Cainebj

Cainebj Active Member

Nov 10, 2006
    New York
    Of course it is - I'm just saying I feel his pain :)

15. YCantAngieRead

YCantAngieRead Not Entirely Current

Nov 5, 2003
  16. Unbeliever

Unbeliever Random Nobody

Feb 3, 2001
    Altadena, CA
    The Killing.

It's an IMDB link. So anyone who gets spoiled by going to that link, "It's your own damn fault."

--Carlos V.

17. T-Wolves

T-Wolves Information Junkie

Aug 22, 2000
    Minnesota
    I have to admit EW got me too. I have all of this seasons' episodes sitting on my DVR, and was planning to watch them soon. Now there's no real reason.

Spoilers in the text of the article is one thing. But just glancing at the page, there was no way I could un-see the picture below the article (and unfortunately recognize the actor). :thumbsdown:

18. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Quad Sillies
    The entertainment media are so highly competitive, you will NEVER see them burying info like that...

19. matt@thehickmans

matt@thehickmans Hemo_jr

Jan 8, 2008
    Because the show failed to find the killer its first season, I didn't watch any of the 2nd season episodes until the killer was revealed. I then checked to see if the killer was reasonably unexpected. So I watched S2 knowing who killed Rosie Larsen -- and enjoyed the season despite this.

The fact that it had been a year since I saw the 1st season meant I spent half the time asking myself who this or that character was. This turned out to be more of an impediment to enjoying this season than knowing who was the killer. So I still think it was a punk move on the part of AMC to stretch the mystery over two seasons.

20. RGM1138

RGM1138 I wanna Rock

Oct 6, 1999
    Gulfport, MS
    This just in: The girl in 'The Crying Game' . . .

was a guy! (He was also an alien in 'Stargate')