1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

End of Blacklist: "Set your DVR Season Pass now"

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by dtle, Sep 26, 2013.

1. dtle

dtle New Member

Dec 12, 2001
    (I usually don't watch the previews, so this may not be a new thing)

Wow.. I was so shocked to hear that. The networks are now embracing DVR. I guess they are giving up.

Or it could be that NBC is owned by Comcast, which sells DVR service.
  2. DancnDude

DancnDude Thrice as nice TC Club

Feb 7, 2001
    I noticed that as well. It's interesting that they're asking people to set their DVR's to record the whole season. Of course I usually just set up a season pass on everything and then just delete it if I decide I don't like it. That way I can just watch when I want and not lose episodes.

TIVO_GUY_HERE I miss the ocean

Jul 10, 2000
    Tho, I have also seen ( new this year, at least to me) promos on ABC that say "Watch it live"
  4. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    They had the same thing at the end of Revolution last night.
  5. dswallow

dswallow Save the ModeratŠ¾r TC Club

Dec 3, 2000
    It does get old having to drag these media companies kicking and screaming into the 20th (yes, 20th) century.
  6. jsmeeker

jsmeeker Vegas Boy TC Club

Apr 2, 2001
    I thought this was gonna be about Blacklist being cancelled already.
  7. getreal

getreal postcrastinator

Sep 29, 2003
    So did I!
  8. hefe

hefe Rebus Philbin

Dec 5, 2000
    I still don't know what it is about.
  9. jsmeeker

jsmeeker Vegas Boy TC Club

Apr 2, 2001
    I think it's about something that aired at the end of the Pilot episode of "Blacklist". SOmething about telling people to set a season pass on their DVR to record it.

I deleted it the episode after watching it, so I can't go back and check. Besides, I already have my season pass.
  10. dwit

dwit Active Member

May 4, 2004
    I thought this was about "The Blacklist".

Guess I should have read through. I see I'm not the only one.
  11. DancnDude

DancnDude Thrice as nice TC Club

Feb 7, 2001
    At the end of "The Blacklist" (and apparently other shows this season), an announcer said something like "Be sure to set your DVR now to record the entire season of The Blacklist"
  12. allan

allan Can't think of one

Oct 13, 2002
    Yeah, I heard that at the end of Revolution. Well, not to record the entire season of Blacklist. ;)
  13. mattack

mattack New Member

Apr 9, 2001
    ...and Fringe (I think I only watched the 1st season, due to lack of tuners..and yeah, it's on Amazon Prime video IIRC) used to say "we'll be back in 90 seconds", telling me exactly how to skip the commercial break!