1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Empty guide listings? ...and can I customize TiVo suggestion channels?

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by sofakng, Oct 13, 2012.

1. sofakng

sofakng New Member

Dec 18, 2003
    I'm using my first TiVo (Premiere XL4) and I have a few questions after using it for a couple of days:

1) Some of my guide listings are empty. Why is that? I'm using a cable card and it seems to be working fine, and 95% of the guide is populated, but certain channels or even certain items are just blank for seemingly no reason. I've forced a TiVo network update and they are still empty.

2) TiVo suggestions are really neat, but I don't want it to record any SD programs or any SD channels. Is it possible to customize this?

2. socrplyr

socrplyr Active Member

Jul 19, 2006
    1) I don't really have much on this one, sorry.

2) What I do is remove all SD channels (that I have an equivalent HD version) from the lineup. Go into settings and channels that you receive and uncheck anything that is a duplicate of an HD (or all SD if that is what you want). This takes a little time, but if you happen to channel surf or look through the guide they will be gone from there as well.

3. jrtroo

jrtroo User

Feb 4, 2008
    How new is your unit? It takes a few days for the full data to populate.