1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Edit Video

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by DigitalDawn, Apr 10, 2017.

1. DigitalDawn

DigitalDawn Member

Apr 26, 2009
    Jupiter, FL
    I recently recorded a couple of awards shows that I want to edit. Just want to take a few performances out and save them to my PC.

I have TiVo desktop Plus so I can get everything downloaded, but I need editing software to cut out the segments I want to save.

Any suggestions?

2. dlfl

dlfl Cranky old novice

Jul 6, 2006
    Dayton OH
    VideoReDo TV Suite: VideoReDo MPEG Video Editor

You can download, install and register for a free trial in the menu system. You then get the full (uncrippled) product for 15 days unlimited use for free.

3. ClearToLand

ClearToLand Old !*#$% Tinkerer!

Jul 9, 2001
    Central Jersey
    • Free or paid software?
    • One-time deal or recurring event? (the editing of different .tivo / .mpeg files)

4. DigitalDawn

DigitalDawn Member

Apr 26, 2009
    Jupiter, FL
    I would be willing to pay for software -- especially if it would allow me to also burn videos to Blu-Ray.

5. ClearToLand

ClearToLand Old !*#$% Tinkerer!

Jul 9, 2001
    Central Jersey
    Try out VideoReDo...

6. philco782

philco782 New Member

Sep 27, 2014
    Florida
    VideoReDo is really quite easy to use, well written software, and kept up to date.

7. DigitalDawn

DigitalDawn Member

Apr 26, 2009
    Jupiter, FL
    It does work well. Thanks to all for the suggestion.

The only problem is that VideoReDo doesn't author/burn Blu-Rays. Is there a way to take the output of this program and author/burn to BD?

8. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    If you use a true BD authoring tool it will most likely require you to completely recode the video, which isn't ideal. There is a free program called multi-AVCHD that can create psuedo BD discs without recoding that will play in most BD players. It's a bit of a geek tool though, so not the easiest to use. But if you can figure it out it should do what you want. It even allows you to burn HD content to regular DVDs that will play in most BD players. (cheaper discs)

9. DigitalDawn

DigitalDawn Member

Apr 26, 2009
    Jupiter, FL
    Thanks Dan. I'll take a look.