1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dynamic Tuner Allocation (Roamio) and Netflix HTML 5 app!

Discussion in 'TiVo Mini' started by Philmatic, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Philmatic

Philmatic Member

Sep 17, 2003
  2. wmhjr

wmhjr Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2007
    But not for all of us who have premieres, and have been waiting on dynamic tuner allocation. I now have even more serious doubts that Tivo will ever release it for Premieres.

3. jrtroo

jrtroo User

Feb 4, 2008
    Her twitter feed indicates this is coming for Premieres.

4. wmhjr

wmhjr Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Yes, but there have been such promises in the past also. Still haven't seen it. And as mentioned elsewhere, just because they mention it does not mean that it will ever be released. There are plenty of examples of this with Tivo.

5. sbiller

sbiller Active Member

May 10, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    If Margret tweets about it and Jason Nealis at RCN confirms its coming in September to their MSO boxes, I would think that the certainty of DTA coming to 4-Tuner Premiere's is near 100% (and soon)...

[​IMG]

6. kherr

kherr Member

Aug 1, 2006
    .... so is Amazon Prime not all that far away .... or am I asking too much :confused::confused:

7. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    When they accidentally enabled Netflix a couple weeks ago there was also an Amazon Prime icon in the list. It didn't work but it might indicate that they're working on it.

8. sbiller

sbiller Active Member

May 10, 2002
    Tampa, FL
  9. magnus

magnus Tivo User

Nov 12, 2004
    Texas
    Is the mini going to have HTML5 support? Or does it already?

10. BigJimOutlaw

BigJimOutlaw Active Member

Mar 21, 2004
    Has anyone figured out the voodoo DTA uses? I can only toggle between 5 tuners and I haven't used the Mini since early this morning. I get it back by rebooting though. Does it hang onto the tuner until needed for a recording? (I'd get that logic if it does, just wanted to confirm.)

11. Dan203

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    Is the Mini still streaming live TV? If so try pressing the TiVo button on the Mini to get it into the menus and see if that releases the tuner. They may have increased the timeout period.

12. BigJimOutlaw

BigJimOutlaw Active Member

Mar 21, 2004
    Nope I always hit the Tivo button before shutting the TV off, out of habit.

13. Bryan Lyle

Bryan Lyle Tivo'n since 1999

Feb 6, 2002
    Middle of...
    So, what would happen in this scenario.

Roamio w/ 6 tuners and 4 minis... all 4 minis are currently streaming live tv and two shows are being recorded (so all 6 tuners are in use). A third show is schedule to record.... Does it switch off one of the mini streams to record or do you miss that recording?

14. Dan203

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    I don't think anyone has reported that yet. I plan to test that scenario as soon as I get my Roamio Pro. I'd like to know if the Mini user gets the option to cancel the recording, like you do when you're watching live TV on the main box, or if they simply get booted out, or if the recording gets missed.