1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dynamic Tuner Allocation Question

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by MScottC, Aug 23, 2013.

1. MScottC

MScottC Member

Sep 11, 2004
    This may be more of a Mini Question, but here goes. With 6 tuners available, can one mini be assigned two live tuners? Both my wife and I have this annoying habit of using the two live tuners to swap back and forth between two channels, pausing one while we watch the other, then when a fair amount of what we call "TiVo Time" has built up on the other channel, we switch back to that channel with the ability to FF through commercials. I'm just wondering if we are going to be able to do the same with the one Mini we'll have connected to our Roamio Plus.

2. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    No. The Mini can only allocate one tuner for live TV.

3. MScottC

MScottC Member

Sep 11, 2004
    Thanks...
    Fortunately the mini is going into a location that only had a Series 1 with a Comcast DTA and a 27" HD LCD... We won't be losing anything in this secondary location, it's still very much an improvement.

4. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    You could sort of work around it by pressing the record button to start recording the show you're on, then switching back to live TV and selecting another channel. Although switching back and forth would require you to go back into My Shows, not simply press a button on the remote.