1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVR Scheduler Problem Report

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by dcstager, Oct 3, 2008.

1. dcstager

dcstager 1st Gen Tivo Owner

Feb 16, 2002
    Skagit...
    Has anyone else had this problem?

I go online to DVR Scheduler at the DIRECTV.COM site after logging in. I schedule a recording. I get the confirmation email.

However, on the Tivo, there is a message:

Unable to find internet request for "The O'Reilly Factor"

Your online request for "The O'Reilly Factor" has been received however, this program COULD NOT be scheduled to record because it does NOT YET appear in your program guide.

--

The program (tonight's episode) was in the program guide in spite of the message. No recording was scheduled. Are there some radical Obama supporters blocking O'Reilly? I just want to hear O'Reilly tell me Sarah Palin won the debate.

Yes, O' Reilly is a total blow hard, but his show has entertainment value.

So, what might be the cause of this problem and is anyone else getting messages like this? Maybe the apostrophe in the show title?

2. gazer

gazer New Member

May 7, 2004
    New Jersey
    I have exactly the same problem on ch 360. Although I have been able to occasionally schedule O'Reilly and other shows in different time slots. Seems to be limited to certain time slots/shows on that channel.

3. dwells

dwells Active Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Birmingham, Al
    Just bumping this to see if you ever figured out the problem- I am having the exact same issue, but only on one of my dvrs- the other 3 work fine with DVR scheduler...... Anyone?

4. rslatkin

rslatkin New Member

Sep 4, 2002
    Bump?

I just got a Series 2 DirecTV Tivo with 6.4a and I'm trying to use this app, but I'm getting the same message above each time. Anyone ever figure this out?

5. wezel

wezel New Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Deep in the...
    I now have this problem with one of my THR-22's except it's in regard to a bogus channel.

Anything new on this?

How does one get to the DVR scheduler to tinker with it?

As usual, Directv tech support had no clue what I was even talking about.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2015
  6. HarperVision

HarperVision TiVo's Italian Cuz!

May 14, 2007
    Paradise...
    I'm getting it as well. Mine seems to use the show name as the channel it's looking for to record. :confused: Maybe a metadata problem somewhere between the app and the DVR itself? Very annoying missing shows I "thought" I set to record! :rolleyes:

7. stevel

stevel Dumb Blond TCF Club

Aug 23, 2000
    Nashua, NH
    I scheduled a recording through the web site tonight and it got processed on my THR22 just fine - shows up on the To Do list.