1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVR Name Issue

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by johnmsch, Apr 17, 2012.

1. johnmsch

johnmsch New Member

Mar 5, 2004
    Marietta, GA
    I currently have a Series 2 TiVo, and last week I purchased a Premiere Elite. I went to the TiVo website to register the new Elite. I gave a name to the Elite and to the Series 2. However, the names kept changing. After searching through this forum, I found that there was a problem with this that was to have been fixed by this past weekend. I changed the names on both units again, and now they appear to be correct.

When I go to My Shows on the Elite to transfer shows from the old Series 2, there are two entries for the Series 2 with the incorrect names. How do I delete those entries and get the list to reflect the correct name for that Series 2 box?

Thanks

2. caddyroger

caddyroger New Member

Mar 14, 2005
    Some where...
    It might take 24 hrs to change the names and you may have to do a restart of the tivos.

3. johnmsch

johnmsch New Member

Mar 5, 2004
    Marietta, GA
    Thanks Caddy. I made the name changes on Sunday. I'll try rebooting the Elite tonight.

4. johnmsch

johnmsch New Member

Mar 5, 2004
    Marietta, GA
    Yep, that worked. Thanks!

5. agregjones

agregjones New Member

Apr 24, 2004
    Ayden, NC
    TiVo support told me they had had issues with the name change page for some time now. I have been trying to change mine for two weeks (Premiere Qs). When I change the names and click Save, I get the old names again.

One support person told me previously it was because these were Qs (cable company controlled). Seems to me they want me to be able to rename them so I am likely to order more.... $$$$