1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Duck Dynasty will return for 4th Season

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Bierboy, May 10, 2013.

1. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Quad Sillies
    It appears the salary dispute has been settled -- announcement today that Duck Dynasty will return for a fourth season. No date mentioned...

2. CAAvidTivoUser

CAAvidTivoUser New Member

May 9, 2013
  3. rhuntington3

rhuntington3 Howdy!

May 1, 2001
    Plano, TX
    This will make my wife happy happy happy. Hopefully happy enough to overcome the cancelling of Smash.

4. nickels

nickels opinionated dope

Jan 11, 2010
    Warrington, PA
    YO Jack! Watched the season premiere with my wife last night. Why do they have scripted reality shows? They used to just be called sitcoms. Anyway, still funny regardless. This is one of those guilty pleasures where I feel dirty having enjoyed watching it.

5. Bierboy

Jun 12, 2004
    Quad Sillies
    "dirty" dirty or filthy dirty?

:D

6. Bierboy

Jun 12, 2004
    Quad Sillies
  7. nickels

nickels opinionated dope

Jan 11, 2010
    Warrington, PA
  8. MarkofT

MarkofT ****

Jul 27, 2001
    The Tall City
    It isn't exactly scripted. More like setup or recreated situations.

For example, in this last show, they probably recreated the original events due to the absence of a camera when it happened. Probably with some embellishments. Someone decided it would make a good episode, they called in the film crew and away they went. Everything after that was probably just filmed as it happened naturally.

9. tivoboyjr

tivoboyjr Unregistered User

Apr 28, 2003
    At some point, we'll probably find out that "Uncle Si" is really a Shakespearean actor with a British accent who had never met any of these people prior to the show.

10. nickels

nickels opinionated dope

Jan 11, 2010
    Warrington, PA
    The slow guy, Mountain Man, is making an arbor out of next to nothing at a snail's pace. The camera goes back to him and magically a beautiful arbor is completely finished. Come on...

11. jjd_87

jjd_87 Member

Jan 31, 2011
    WV
    Yeah, I don't care. That guys voice cracks me up every time. He appeared at a minor league ball park over the summer and the cable company hyped it up as "Come meet the star of A&E channels Duck Dynasty... Mountain Man"

12. Graymalkin

Graymalkin Grumpy Poster

Mar 20, 2001
    Northern...
    I'm going to have to watch this show, aren't I? Dammit.

13. tivoboyjr

Apr 28, 2003
    Speaking of the show being scripted, one of the funniest things I've seen on the show was the episode where they were doing the Bass Pro photo shoot and Jep said he couldn't go because his dodgeball team was in the playoffs. The guys did the Jim Mora playoff rant ("Playoffs?! Don't talk about playoffs! You kidding me?! Playoffs?!") verbatim, each of them having a line. It was just a throwaway that only a football fan would notice, but they way the executed it was perfect - and it was obviously scripted and rehearsed.

14. Jstkiddn

Jstkiddn Shutity up up up

Oct 15, 2003
  15. Jon J

Jon J Curmudgeon

Aug 23, 2000
    Music City USA
    It's a pity so many celebs lack this class.

16. tivoboyjr

Apr 28, 2003
    Oprah would have called in Seal Team Six.

17. Graymalkin

Graymalkin Grumpy Poster

Mar 20, 2001
    Northern...
    I've immersed myself in this show -- watching about 30 episodes over the past two weeks -- and best as I can figure, Duck Commander is a real company, and the Robertsons are a real family, but beyond that everything's plotted and scripted like a traditional sitcom.

18. rondotcom

rondotcom Member

Feb 12, 2005
    Didn't Gene Simmons pioneer this format?

19. Graymalkin

Graymalkin Grumpy Poster

Mar 20, 2001
    Northern...
    I wouldn't know -- I've never watched any of the reality shows starring celebrity families. Come to think of it, Duck Dynasty is the first reality show where I've actually watched more than one episode!

Another observation: I don't think I've ever eaten ANYTHING that Miss Kay cooks on that show. Yes, I'm a yuppie from the subdivision. :)

20. Bierboy

Jun 12, 2004
    Quad Sillies
    I haven't either...but, then again, I don't live in West Monroe, Louisiana...so it'd be kinda difficult. And I'm proud to say I am nowhere even close to being a yuppie...