1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DSR708 "Failed while loading data"

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by Nutcase, Jun 30, 2012.

1. Nutcase

Nutcase New Member

Apr 18, 2004
    I have one DSR708 that never received the 6.4 update and so lost local channels a few weeks ago. I submitted the TSN over on the DirecTV forums but it still hadn't received the update after a couple weeks.

Lately, I have changed the dial-in number every other day to see if it made a difference, and yesterday the download took more than usual 15 seconds. I checked back over the next hour, but it eventually wound up with a "call interrupted" status.

I tried the call again, and this time it wound up taking over an hour but ended with "Failed while loading data". I restarted the unit (three thumbs down + enter) and tried another call but get the same results.

Any tips on what to try next would be greatly appreciated.

2. N-HARDY

N-HARDY New Member

Apr 3, 2009
    My sister 708 just updated to 6.4a and the local channels reappear after 2 full months. Keep trying today. Unplug it let it rest for five. It is out there and you can get it too! There is light at the end of this problem.