1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dropping cable-Tivo connection questions

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by CatFanJ, Nov 20, 2012.

1. CatFanJ

CatFanJ New Member

Nov 20, 2012

I have a Sony Bravia HD TV- KDL-40XBR5 HDTV

I have Comcast cable TV, but am dropping it. I am keeping my Comcast hi speed internet service.

I have a Comcast cable card in my TIVO, which I assume will need to be returned to comcast.

I've Ordered a Leaf HD antenna and will be connecting my TV to it.

I can't afford or justify the cable tv connection. I just don't need it.

How do I connect this setup to my tivo?? Thanks for any help!!! My TV is near my comcast modem and is connected to the internet.
  2. winsome2

winsome2 New Member

Nov 20, 2012
    I have directv and a tivo. Just recently having trouble with picture. Called Direct tv and was told engineers working on the problem but could sign me up with DirectTv DVR service for $20 more a month and end of problem. It seems they are targeting people who have a Tivo connected to the service. Problem always seems to occur 5 minutes before end of hour and takes anywhere from 8 minutes to hours for picture to come back. So you miss the end of the program you are watching. Anyone else having this problem?
  3. unitron

unitron Active Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    Lots and lots of people with DirecTiVos are seeing this and there's at least one thread around here about just that.
  4. gastrof

gastrof Hubcaps r in fashion

Oct 31, 2003
    Potato and pen.
    This has nothing to do with the subject of the thread.

You're hijacking.

The crunchy artificial ones were the best.
  5. replaytv

replaytv gun talk ignore list

Feb 20, 2011
    Denver ish...
    What model of Tivo do you have?