It's really been awhile since I did anything to a TiVo receiver I owned like upgrade a drive. But last week I started having lots of issues on one of my Series 3 units with stuttering video and reboots so I knew what was coming. I removed the external storage I'd added to see if it was the internal or the external drive and it still happened so I ordered a drive to replace the internal one yesterday. It arrived today, and this was the first time I've used the WinMFS utility -- what a wonderful improvement over how things used to be with Linux boot CDs. Of course I also remember back to long ago when we had run a couple different utilities, too -- and use our own boot CD's separate from all the utilities. It took *maybe* 8 minutes to back up from the old/failing drive and restore to the new drive. I probably spent more time disconnecting all the cables, bringing it downstairs to the computer and opening up the case. BTW, seeing all the nonsense going on with the latest WD10EVVS drive, I simply ordered a WD10EVDS from Amazon instead. $109.98 + $3.99 for overnight shipping. I'm not gonna quibble over $13, considering how much I used to spend on drives 1/4 the size. I plugged it all back in and it came right up -- well, as "right up" as a Series 3 can come, at least. It took a "few" minutes. All seems well so far.