1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DR Who - BBCA - 6/11/11 **SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Gerryex, Jun 12, 2011.

1. Gerryex

Gerryex Member

Apr 24, 2004
    Land O...
    What, no thread yet? Well, while not one of their greatest episodes the reveal about River Song being Amy Pond's daughter was pretty good. For a while when the Dr says that the cradle what his (they called it something else - a British term, but I forgot it) I was thinking that maybe River was the Dr's mother but then I thought that would be too wierd! When the Dr goes away and we still don't know what River meant I was yelling at the screen that they better tell us before they fade to black. And they did.

Comments?

Gerry

2. pteronaut

pteronaut Killer of Threads

Dec 26, 2009
    There is a thread, it was started last week over in UK General Chit Chat, because many watched it via alternative means. ;)

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?t=470767

Remember what Idris said to Rory, back in the episode "The Doctor's Wife"? "The only water in the forest is the River"

People's memory isn't exact, like a computer, we store things as associative patterns, so through time the exact words can be lost, leaving us to use words that more match our patterns, for instance: A Song usually contains a Melody, and a Pond contains water, so does a River.

3. windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    Heh, my brain followed the same pattern ("River is the Doctor's mom? Huh? :confused:) before the big reveal, which then made total sense. Also, the term you're looking for is "cot."

I totally called that. :D

4. Ment

Ment Active Member

Mar 27, 2008
    People's...
    I don't think Rory is going to allow hugs anymore...

5. jschuur

jschuur TV-holic, improving

Nov 27, 2002
    London, UK
    My impression was that it was still the Doctor's cradle, but that it was then re-used at some point in time for River.

6. ThePennyDropped

ThePennyDropped Now I get it.

Jul 5, 2006
    Northeast US
    That was how I understood it, too.