1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Downside to buying from 3rd party?

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by Bigg, Mar 14, 2013.

1. Bigg

Bigg Active Member

Oct 30, 2003
    Hartford-...
    Is there any downside to ordering a Premiere XL4 from someone else, i.e. an Amazon affiliated seller? It would be a bit cheaper, and the payment part is easier, since I'm already set up for Amazon.

2. MeInDallas

MeInDallas Member

Jul 31, 2011
    Dallas, Texas
    I've ordered several from Amazon and Ebay. I have always used the guy "Yogi Computers" on both sites. He ships really fast and its free with no taxes. You're also eligible to buy an extended warranty from Tivo, and also you have the 30 day cancellation period in case you decide to cancel. I havent run across any downside so far with the Tivo's that had to do with buying them on either site.

3. Bigg

Bigg Active Member

Oct 30, 2003
    Hartford-...
    Sweet. Yeah, he's like $40 cheaper. Not that it softens the pain of a $900 box that much, but every dollar counts I guess.

4. MeInDallas

MeInDallas Member

Jul 31, 2011
    Dallas, Texas
    He's really good too. If you buy early enough in the day, write him a message and he will send out same day and give you the tracking number. He usually sends UPS 2 day shipping.

5. UCLABB

UCLABB Active Member

May 29, 2012
    Riverside, CA
    Bought a new XL4 off EBay last week. Saved me $60 plus another $25 in sales tax. The seller raised the price by $20 right after my purchase.