1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

downloading interrupted

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by philipsone, Dec 21, 2013.

1. philipsone

philipsone New Member

Dec 21, 2013
    Like so many others here, I started getting Failed, call interrupted on my Philips S1 after a few seconds of Downloading. DSL line, no call waiting, no other calls or gadgets connected. Tried new cord, another wall plug - no luck. Read other threads, but found no solution.

I have limited number of calls on a landline so connect only when all programming is gone - maybe twice a month - and unplug Tivo every night. Tech support was no help and phone line tested with another S2 Tivo that connected for preliminary setup. I got liffetime service and would hate to lose it, any ideas? Thanks
  2. unitron

unitron Active Member

Apr 28, 2006
    It's probably TiVo's fault.

Or the phone company's.

This seems to happen every year around this time, and actually usually starts earlier.

If you have the right kind of serial port (9 pin) on your PC, and make up the right kind of cable, you can change your dial prefix to use the internet instead of the phone line.
  3. bobwojo

bobwojo New Member

Jan 8, 2011
    I have two Series 1's. They have always used the internet to get program data, they are both having the same problem. My modems are dead so i cannot test using that method. This cannot be a user issue it had to be a issue at TIVO's end.....

Getting me worried because i only have 3 days of data.....