1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Downloading amazon vids from 6 years ago ???

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by scandia101, Apr 25, 2013.

1. scandia101

scandia101 Just the facts ma'am

Oct 20, 2007
    MN, greater...
    I noticed that my S2 tivo had downloaded 3 movies over the course of the day and a 4th is currently being downloaded. I called amazon and they told me that these were movies that I purchased (assuming rented) in March, 2007. I was also told that these were all promotional purchases, so they didn't actually cost me anything. I was transferred to an instant video service rep who couldn't see anything happing with my account - no recent downloads and nothing currently being downloaded so it must be a problem on Tivo's end. So I chatted with a Tivo rep who was no help and said it has to be an amazon problem.
    One's first instinct may be to blame the source, Amazon, but my experience has shown that Tivo's computer system will send out messages (e-mails and messages on the tivo) months and even years past the event they relate to.

Has anyone else had this happen or know of any other cases where something like this happened? I'd like to know if it's going to stop soon or if everything I've ever rented is going to download again. I rented a lot in 2007 alone (6 pages on the amazon my orders page) so it could get ugly.

2. tjaleks

tjaleks New Member

Apr 26, 2013
    I'm also seeing random videos from Amazon showing up on TiVo. All rentals. None that we remember renting, but we haven't looked at our Amazon account that far back. Thought our Amazon account was hacked at first.

3. wmcbrine

wmcbrine Ziphead

Aug 2, 2003
    I saw this happen on my S3 yesterday.

4. scandia101

Oct 20, 2007
    MN, greater...
    The video that was downloading as I posted was the last one. At this point I just wish that at least one of them would have been worth watching again.

5. msdonnelly

msdonnelly Member

Apr 3, 2004
    Fuquay-Varin...
    I also had about a half dozen TV shows that I purchased from Amazon suddenly and spontaneously download themselves. What's interesting is the fact it was just the TV shows I own. I also own several Movies on Amazon. I'd sure like to know how this happened.

6. Peter000

Peter000 Active Member TCF Club

Apr 15, 2002
    Red Wing, MN
    I had this happen to me today. Two movies downloaded.

Where can I see the movies I've purchased on Amazon? Or rented in the past?

7. scandia101

Oct 20, 2007
    MN, greater...
    your account -> your orders -> digital orders

8. morac

morac Cat God

Mar 14, 2003
    NJ
    Happened to me apparently. A S3 that I don't use that much had a bunch of TV shows and Movie Rentals downloaded to it on Thursday according to TiVo Central Online. Some of them had to be from close to 5 or 6 years ago (or whenever Amazon VOD first became available). edit: checked order history and they were from 2007

I'm wondering if these were downloads that failed at the time?

9. Peter000

Apr 15, 2002
    Red Wing, MN
    The two movies that downloaded for me today didn't show up in my library, but did show up in my Purchase history for late March of '07. Must have been rentals.

10. scandia101

Oct 20, 2007
    MN, greater...
    Four more movies from March, 2007 were downloaded to my S2 today. Checking against my order history, they are the 4 orders made directly after the titles that were downloaded last week. The difference, though, is that 3 are rentals and one was a purchase. Now I'm hoping that this glitch is only going to affect March, 2007 orders because I made no more orders in March.

11. msdonnelly

msdonnelly Member

Apr 3, 2004
    Fuquay-Varin...
    I deleted the shows that I wrote about previously and this morning they were back again! What is going on?

12. TiVoSupport_Kaitlyn

TiVoSupport_Kaitlyn TiVo Representative

Oct 15, 2012
    TiVo Customers.

We are currently in the process of investigating this issue. In order to accelerate the investigation we do need some more information from you. We would like to gather the TSN’s, TiVo Service Numbers obtainable from System Information, from customer’s experiencing this issue. To display this screen, from TiVo Central go to Messages & Settings > Account & System Information > System Information. If you could please, send a Private Message to one of the following TiVo Support Representatives we could open individual tickets and speed up the investigation. We do apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your assistance in helping us resolve this odd issue.

Thank you,

Kaitlyn
    TiVo Customer Support

13. TiVoSupport_Kaitlyn

TiVoSupport_Kaitlyn TiVo Representative

Oct 15, 2012
    If you could please, send a Private Message to one of the following TiVo Support Representatives we could open individual tickets and speed up the investigation.

Tivosupport_kaitlyn
    Tivosupport_taylor
    Tivosupport_david

14. juliegnh

juliegnh New Member

Dec 28, 2011
    I tried to send a PM to Tivosupport_kaitlyn and it doesn't appear to work. Can you send me one so I can respond with my TSN? Got 4 Videos on 4/30/13 that I had ordered in 2007.

Thank you

15. scandia101

Oct 20, 2007
    MN, greater...
    I haven't deleted anything because I'm afraid of them returning. I'm going to start watching one movie to start the timer on it's auto deletion and wait a week or so to see if it comes back. If it doesn't download again I'll start the timer on the rest of them and hope.

and I've sent a PM to support as requested

16. morac

morac Cat God

Mar 14, 2003
    NJ
    Not that I want to jinx myself, but I haven't had any more download since the 6 or so items last Thursday. I kept one since I don't remember ever watching it.

17. alanb

alanb New Member

Mar 23, 2005
    I have the same issue as well.

18. wmcbrine

wmcbrine Ziphead

Aug 2, 2003
    It's not an inconvenience for me, just a curiosity.

19. juliegnh

juliegnh New Member

Dec 28, 2011
    tivosupport_kaitlyn:

I don't seem to be able to reply to a PM, either....thinking it's cuz I don't have 10 posts. I don't suppose you can send me an email that I can reply to you with my TSN, could you?

Thank you.....

20. Peter000

Apr 15, 2002
    Red Wing, MN
    I had a total of 2 movies downloaded spontaneously, and after I deleted them it hasn't happened again.