1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Download to iPad broken?

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by ShoutingMan, Oct 25, 2013.

1. ShoutingMan

ShoutingMan Member

Jan 6, 2008
    Did the download feature of the TiVo app get broken with the latest TiVo streaming update?

I was previously able to download hour-long, HD TV shows in near real-time without difficulty. Now, it's downloading very low quality, and times-out numerous times while struggling to download a show.

Is anyone else having this problem?

2. macevedo

macevedo New Member

Oct 23, 2005
    I am. Got worse after the last TIVO update.

3. Am_I_Evil

Am_I_Evil Member

Apr 7, 2009
    are you making sure to pick the highest quality?

4. ShoutingMan

ShoutingMan Member

Jan 6, 2008
    Quality doesn't matter. High is especially bad, taking many tries and ultimately giving low quality, if it even works.

5. ShoutingMan

ShoutingMan Member

Jan 6, 2008
    Iit's been working like a champ recently.

Transferring shows to my iPad was really frustrating for a while. It took multiple tries, and several hours for a show. But this week, I transferred five high quality hour dramas, and five medium quality sitcoms, without any problem. Queued them up, and several hours later, they were done.

OOH, last I tried it, was functional but very low quality. I had to give it 30 min to buffer 15 min of show, in low quality, to get through a sitcom. But this week, on hotel wifi and on family's home wifi, it's been fine. It started right up, playing in med-low quality within seconds.

I really hope this is the new normal, because it's so much more consistent than a month ago.

6. ShoutingMan

ShoutingMan Member

Jan 6, 2008
    Thankfully, transfer to iPad has been working perfectly the past month. I can queue up five or ten shows and leave it running for a couple hours; everything's transferred fine. This is my favorite feature on the TiVo app. Fantastic for business trips!