1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Download from Roamio problems

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by bobfrank, Sep 24, 2013.

1. bobfrank

bobfrank Member

Mar 17, 2005
    Any video downloaded from my Roamio Pro cannot be viewed with Windows Media Player or VideoReDo. This is true which ever download program I use, Tivo Desktop, pyTivo or KMTTG. The programs either crash or say they can't play that format.

If I transfer the video to my old S3 and then download there is no problem working with the file in VideoReDo on Windows Media Player.

If I transfer a video from my old S3 to the Roamio and then download it to my computer it fails to play.

Everything was working fine downloading from my old S3 or my THD before the Roamio. Nothing has changed on my computer.

Any ideas on how to solve this problem?

Thanks,
    Bob

2. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    Are you downloading in PS or TS container? Try toggling the format you are downloading in to see if that makes a difference. In kmttg the setting is under config-Program Options-Download TiVo files in Transport Stream format

3. bobfrank

bobfrank Member

Mar 17, 2005
    That seemed to be the problem. I just downloaded a video using KMTTG and Tivo Desktop, after changing to TS and both video files worked as they should.

Thank you for your help and for your work on KMTTG.

What do I need to do to get pyTivo to download in TS?

Thanks again.

4. wmcbrine

wmcbrine Ziphead

Aug 2, 2003
    Upgrade to my very latest version, or use lucasnz's fork. Click on the transport stream checkbox when selecting programs to download.

5. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    That does seem odd though since last I tried PS downloads from my Roamio still decrypt and play fine for me. Was the problem with certain recordings or every recording you tried?

6. bobfrank

bobfrank Member

Mar 17, 2005
    I think I have installed the latest version. Files are dated 8/15/13. I don't see any checkbox that says anything about transport stream.

Should I have anything in pyTivo.conf to make that available?

Thanks,
    Bob

7. bobfrank

bobfrank Member

Mar 17, 2005
    It was every recording I tried.

But with the change to TS I can now download usable videos.

Thanks,
    Bob

8. wmcbrine

wmcbrine Ziphead

Aug 2, 2003
    No, that's not the latest. I am curious why you say that, though.

9. bobfrank

bobfrank Member

Mar 17, 2005
    I said that because the version I downloaded on 9/20 had files in the zip file dated 8/15. I just downloaded pyTivo again and the files inside the zip are dated 9/21.

I'll install this version later today. Hopefully that will show the TS option.

10. bobfrank

bobfrank Member

Mar 17, 2005
    I just installed the 9/21 files and I do have the TS option now. I tried a download and the video file works just fine for viewing or in VideoReDo.

I'm back in business again.

Thanks.