1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Doomsday on History

Discussion in 'Season Pass Alerts' started by KDeFlane, Nov 4, 2016.

1. Nov 4, 2016 #1 of 15
    KDeFlane

KDeFlane Member

Jan 29, 2014
    Silicon Valley
    if you're seeing two episodes of "Doomsday: 10 Ways the World Will End" in your ToDo list from the History channel tonight (friday nov.4) feel free to delete the 3-hour block. Other reliable sources tell me that only one episode (#108 "Earth Out of Orbit") is new tonight. While History's website does show "Deadly Outer Space" taking up 3 hours, they mark is as an "enhanced" episode, meaning they have repackaged episodes which have already aired, but of course this makes them look "new" to some schedulers.

Yes, I watch these kinds of shows with guilty pleasure, but not THAT much pleasure.

JoeKustra likes this.
  2. Nov 4, 2016 #2 of 15
    aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    I've been watching this since it started in September. The last couple of weeks they aired two new episodes back to back. I had wondered if that would continue. But I guess not. :(

Last edited: Nov 4, 2016
  3. Nov 4, 2016 #3 of 15
    aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    It seems odd that they would name a three hour block of repackaged episodes the same name as an unaired episode. The last two weeks they had a new episode at 9PM and a new episode at 10PM. And they have previously aired an episode out of order with the premiere showing the second episode first.
    So if they do show the "Deadly Outer Space" episode at 9PM, it would be out of order from the 10PM episode. Since "Deadly Outer Space" is supposed to be episode 9 while "Earth out of Orbit" is episode 8.

Either way I'm keeping my recording active in case the 9PM slot has a new episode again. Like the previous two weeks did.

4. Nov 6, 2016 #4 of 15
    JoeKustra

JoeKustra Cable only TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    If you've had your daily guide fix and it's indexed, check with the episode on 11/18. TiVo indicates episode 10. Gracenote indicates episode 9. If I search for it on my TiVo it's not found. Something to watch, since there is supposed to be another episode on 11/25.

Nothing this Friday due to Veterans Day.

aaronwt likes this.
  5. KDeFlane

KDeFlane Member

Jan 29, 2014
    Silicon Valley
    This Friday, November 18th (tonight!), I see TiVo/Rovi agreeing with the schedule on History.com, while FutonCritic disagrees. The show is very likely being preempted tonight for a "Live PD" block, and the "Alien Invasion" episode of Doomsday will air next Friday, Nov.25. (Of course, if you distrust all schedules, feel free to record the timeslot tonight anyway. You can always delete it later.)

6. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Checking Screener and tvguide.com, neither has Doomsday on Friday. I hope they run a repeat again. I still need 9 & 10.

7. KDeFlane

KDeFlane Member

Jan 29, 2014
    Silicon Valley
  8. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Thanks. I hope your are right since no other source I can find shows that.

9. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Bad news. Those two episodes have been removed. They don't even appear on the site for viewing.

10. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    Crap!! :( I don't even see anything listed for it through December 7th. :(

Last edited: Nov 23, 2016
  11. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    I guess we wait. BTW, the last recording I have, which TiVo says is S1 E9, has a time of 1 day, 14 hr and 25 min. I guess this series was "doomed" from the start. :D

12. KDeFlane

KDeFlane Member

Jan 29, 2014
    Silicon Valley
    I sent an email (to the History Channel) via their webpage feedback link, requesting an update to their episode guide. Probably won't help, but it makes me feel empowered.

Hey, Joe, how does your TiVo tell you the episode number? My guide data lost those in the great Rovi-ening.

13. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Well, first I enter the folder. Then using "C", I select view (all episodes). My thumbnails also show the Season and Episode. I watched the first two. They do have SM, but they also like to do an extended lead-in for each segment.

14. KDeFlane

KDeFlane Member

Jan 29, 2014
    Silicon Valley
    the magic word "thumbnails" probably means you use HD menus; I prefer the simplicity of SD.

As for Doomsday, I confirmed that they did not air Doomsday last night. The guide was correct and repeats of Ancient Aliens filled both hours in question.

15. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Finale
    Screener shows the last two episodes will air on 12/30 at 9pm.

aaronwt likes this.