1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Don't believe TiVo CSRs…

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by kucharsk, Feb 4, 2014.

1. kucharsk

kucharsk New Member

Feb 2, 2007
    I specifically asked before exchanging my defective Roamio through Amazon if there would be any problem transferring my lifetime to my replacement box, and the CSR and tech both said "no."

Tonight a CSR told me "Because you have a new retail unit rather than replacing it through us, a supervisor will need to examine your case to see if we can do it."

2. replaytv

replaytv gun talk ignore list

Feb 20, 2011
    Denver ish...
    Always get the CSRs name and any other identifying info. ( I can't remember if they will give a extension, employee ID or last name. But get something. Maybe a case number? )

Be nice to them. Don't threaten or raise your voice. Ask to talk to a supervisor and first thank the supervisor for their time and then explain what happened. And tell them how much you love your TiVo to start with too.
    It worked for me.
    Remember they said
    "Because you have a new retail unit rather than replacing it through us, a supervisor will need to examine your case to see if we can do it."
    so it sounds like to me they are going to do it for you.

3. kucharsk

kucharsk New Member

Feb 2, 2007
    Yep, they just called back and got it done, so kudos to them!!

Thanks for your advice; I was calm and didn't yell at anyone - I know they're only following policy and can't do things on their own.