1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does Xfinity VOD go through TiVo servers at all?

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by KevinG, Dec 20, 2013.

1. KevinG

KevinG Member

Sep 3, 2003
    Mt. Laurel, NJ.
    I've been having a hell of a time getting my XFinity VOD working, as documented at the end of this thread:

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?t=508928

It isn't working again tonight. I called the cablecard hotline, and they claim that everything looks good, and the rate codes are there, and they sent the hit 3 times...Still didn't work.

Then they put me on hold because they wanted to call Tivo.

When they came back on the line they said that they had confirmed with Tivo that Tivo was making some changes and network connections might be failing, causing VOD to freeze.

Does this sound like BS to anyone other than me?

Thanks.
    -Kevin

2. mattack

mattack Active Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    so you mean the 'fixed' at the end of that story wasn't really fixed?

3. KevinG

KevinG Member

Sep 3, 2003
    Mt. Laurel, NJ.
    Yep, it was fixed for 2 days. Then I realized that I was no longer receiving HBO. Called the cablecard hotline, and they said my card wasn't paired to anything at all.

We paired it, and HBO started working again. Another day later I realized the VOD was freezing again.

Last night's call was a bust, since the whole story of a network problem between Tivo and Comcast appears to be BS. It still isn't working this morning...back to the drawing board for me...