1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does Time Warner still charge to install cable card/Tuning Adapter?

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by atomarchio, May 9, 2012.

1. atomarchio

atomarchio Member

Sep 24, 2006
    I am selling my Series 3 and purchasing a Premiere next week.

Will Time Warner (I am located in Suburban Cleveland, Ohio area) have them come out to install the cable card/tuning adapter so I can do that myself by calling them over the phone?

I did this a few years ago and I had to pay for a service call. You would think by now I could just do this over the phone. At least I hope.

Not sure if the cable card has changed since this unit was installed in 2007.

Please let me know. Thanks.

2. MeInDallas

MeInDallas Member

Jul 31, 2011
    Dallas, Texas
    Here in Dallas its self install. You can just go to the local office and get your cards and tuning adapters, come home and set them up, and then call the cable card hotline at 1-866-606-5889 to pair them up.

The CableCARD Technical Support Desk hours are:
    Monday – Friday 8:00 am to 11:00 pm (Eastern)
    Saturday – Sunday 10:00 am to 11:00 pm (Eastern)

Easy peasy :D

3. atomarchio

atomarchio Member

Sep 24, 2006
    That's good. I won't even need to drive to the local office since I would already have the cards/adapter.

Unless there has been an upgrade in that technology?

4. rvsj

rvsj New Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Your S3 used two cable cards. If "S" cards were installed they are of no use to you. A premier requires one "M" card.

5. atomarchio

atomarchio Member

Sep 24, 2006
    Looks like I am OK. I only have a single "M" card in the S3.

I remember now Time Warner did that a few years ago when I purchased a premiere and was having problems with the S3.

6. vurbano

vurbano New Member

Apr 20, 2004
    I thought they changed the law to have to allow self installs. Before it changed Verizon wanted to charge 70 bucks to send some schlep over to stick a card in a slot, now they have dropped that nonsense policy.

7. Johnwashere

Johnwashere Member

Sep 17, 2005
    Columbus, Ohio