1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does Roamio improve HD preferred wishilsts?

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by thenightfly42, Aug 26, 2013.

1. thenightfly42

thenightfly42 Señor Senior, Jr.

Mar 5, 2002
    Connecticut
    I'm moving up to a Roamio from a HDXL. With my old TiVo, in order to wishlist record my NFL team in HD when available and SD when not, I had to use the method described here: http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?t=419994
    Is this still an issue with the Roamio (or even the Series 4 boxes)? All the threads I found regarding this were in pretty old threads, and I didn't see it in the FAQ page for the Premiere units: http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?t=419994

2. LI-SVT

LI-SVT Member

Sep 28, 2006
    I'll tell you how it works with my Premier...

A Wishlist will record the HD version of any program with out having to specify "HD" if it is available in HD and SD. For me this is true even though the HD channel numbers are higher.

The only problem I have run into is ocasionally the guide data gets populated wierd and the Wishlist only picks up the SD match. This is very rare and really only happens with live sports.

3. AdamNJ

AdamNJ New Member

Aug 22, 2013
    Dunellen, NJ
    I can't be certain about this, but I setup season passes and wishlists for everything that I had on my old cable company DVR. For whatever didn't exist for a season pass, I had to do the WL. After I was done, I went into the season pass / wishlist management and was able to modify each to say HD Only = yes. That should take care of your issue.

4. thenightfly42

Mar 5, 2002
    Connecticut
    Thanks LI-SVT, that sounds promising. I'll try it next week and see what happens.

AdamNJ, sometimes my team is only in SD, so I can't do just HD in the options.

5. Bwatford141

Bwatford141 Member

Jan 5, 2012
    Raleigh, NC
    I've always gone through the channel list and deleted duplicate channels and SD channels that are available in HD.

Tivo button -> Messages and Settings -> Settings -> Channels -> Channel List

Doing this also condenses your channel guide so your not having to scroll though channels you would never watch.

6. thenightfly42

Mar 5, 2002
    Connecticut
    That doesn't help me, Bwatford. I get the New York channels in HD and SD, and the New England channels in SD only. There are times that the broadcast is only in SD, and other times when it is in both, which is why I want 'HD preferred' as an option.

7. Sep 4, 2013 #7 of 10
    thenightfly42

Mar 5, 2002
    Connecticut
    For the record, on the Roamio, the setting on wishlists is something like "Record only in HD (yes/no)?", and if you select 'no', it will prefer HD recordings over SD. There does not appear to be a way to prefer or limit to SD only, but that doesn't matter to me.

8. Sep 4, 2013 #8 of 10
    rainwater

rainwater Active Member

Sep 21, 2004
    I'm pretty sure even the latest Premiere software prefers HD over SD for auto record wishlists. At least I thought they made that change several releases ago.

9. Sep 4, 2013 #9 of 10
    moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    Yes. I think what changed is they give preference to higher number channels now instead of lower number, which usually corresponds to the HD version except for some quirky providers.

10. thenightfly42

Mar 5, 2002
    Connecticut
    As I said, I was moving up from a TiVo HD/XL, so I didn't know what interface changes had been made subsequent to that. Thanks for letting me know.