1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does Mini share Romio App for Netflix??

Discussion in 'TiVo Mini' started by kherr, Aug 30, 2013.

1. kherr

kherr Member

Aug 1, 2006
    Does the Mini have the same app for Netflix?? After using the Mini app, my Premieres just doesn't compare. If the Romeo had the same Netflix app, I'd be inclined to get one for the living room.

2. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    Yes. The Roamio uses the same Netflix and YouTube apps as the Mini. They both use a new HTML5 platform. Most of the apps will likely be upgraded to this new platform in the future. It's unlikely the HTML5 platform will be back ported to the Premiere though, so we'll likely only ever see them on the Mini and Roamio.

3. sbiller

sbiller Active Member

May 10, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    Dan, don't give up so easily on back-porting of the apps! TiVo's MSO partners are pushing hard for it and they try to listen to their partners... :)

[​IMG]

4. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    I guess it all depends on whether the Opera browser they're using will run on the Premiere hardware. I wonder if it does if it would actually be any faster? Or if it would just add another layer to slow things down?

5. sbiller

sbiller Active Member

May 10, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    Based on some comments from TiVo's Jim Denney I worry that it might actually be slower but if it is more reliable I'm not that concerned about speed of the interface. The Netflix app on the Premiere is completely broken right now and the absolute worst app on the box.