1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does ESPN-3d work with Tivo (Comcast)?

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by abefroman, Jul 17, 2012.

1. abefroman

abefroman New Member

Apr 8, 2008
    Does ESPN-3d work with Tivo (Comcast)?Does ESPN-3d work with Tivo (Comcast)?

I called them and they said the 3d channels won't work with a Cable Card, however the guy didn't exactly seem like he was Albert Einstein either.

Can anyone confirm or deny if it will work? Specifically with Comcast as my cable provider.
  2. t1voproof

t1voproof New Member

Feb 5, 2010
    Minneapolis, MN
    Yes, they do work. I had to call a couple times to get someone who understood. Tell them you need the "3D Technology Fee." There is no additional charge for it. I believe you need Digital Starter or higher.
  3. jrm01

jrm01 New Member

Oct 17, 2003
    It does work, but I wouldn't call Comcast for any "Fee". You do need to ask them to activate 3D however.

It may have been Albert Einstein, remember he once said "If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts.".

SQUIDWARD360 New Member

May 28, 2010
    It's pointless to call Comcast unless you have a lot of patience. I do not. I was able to receive Xfinity 3d on the Tivo and ESPN3d on a Comcast box. Then I moved within the same county. I still receive Xfinity3d on the Tivo but ESPN3d no where. I tried calling and then they told me 3d is not available where I live. I told them I already had Xfinity 3d. Then they said I would need to pay an activation fee. I refused. So then they went through the usual and magical signal sending that does nothing. Their only solution was to send a technician. I'm not taking a day off for something they can fix over the phone. The only thing a technician does is call back into their technical support and they fix it over the phone. So I just gave up.
  5. wmcbrine

wmcbrine Ziphead

Aug 2, 2003
    Sounds apocryphal.
  6. awsnyde

awsnyde Member

May 11, 2007
    "Sounds apocryphal."

Not only does it sound apocryphal (one of my favorite words), it sounds like exactly the opposite of something Einstein would have said, unless it's being quoted out-of-context where the in-context quote means something entirely different than a simple reading would indicate.

"...I wouldn't call Comcast for any 'Fee'."

7. styre

styre New Member

Sep 20, 2006
    Guess I got lucky. It only took one call. The CSR did say they do not get too many calls for it. There should be no activation fee.