1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does Boston-area FiOS have the right CableCARDs by default?

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by rlcarr, Jan 23, 2014.

1. rlcarr

rlcarr Member

Jan 18, 2003
    Arlington, MA
    I live just outside Boston, have FiOS, and will very likely be getting a Roamio Pro pretty soon.

I've been reading CableCARD-related threads here and see that it's important to make sure to get a 514517-017-00 card from FiOS.

Is that pretty much all FiOS around here is giving out these days, or should I expect to have to bug the store to grab the right one?

Also, any recommendations on which FiOS store(s) to go to? Are some better than others or does it not really matter?

Thanks!

2. dianebrat

dianebrat I refuse to accept your reality TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    I've had no issues with the Boston area Verizon CC's in a Roamio Pro

3. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    That's old info. TiVo corrected the problem at some point so it would work with other versions of the cable card.

4. BigJimOutlaw

BigJimOutlaw Active Member

Mar 21, 2004
    Any m-card they give you will work. The issue was fixed a couple Tivo updates ago.

The only outstanding issue is on Verizon's end, in which cards activate fine, but don't always get paired corrected. This is likely only important if you subscribe to HBO or Cinemax. If you aren't receiving those channels after activation, contact Verizon (phone, chat, or twitter) and ask them to manually validate the card. That'll get the card paired correctly.

5. rlcarr

rlcarr Member

Jan 18, 2003
    Arlington, MA
    Thanks for the update about a TiVo update having fixed the "need a specific card rev number" problem!

Yeah -- I did find all the threads about needed to request manual validation. Someone even had a very nice template to fill your host/data/etc. ID numbers into and paste into a chat :)

6. HenryFarpolo

HenryFarpolo New Member

Dec 1, 2008
    Andover Ma
    The stores are about the same. Call the one closest to Arlington to be sure they have the card. They generally have them on hand.