1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does anyone support the THR22?

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by frankygamer, Jun 1, 2012.

1. frankygamer

frankygamer New Member

Mar 18, 2002
    Firmware version 0192 is now out for test and still no idea when we can expect an update and what is in the update.

Ask DirecTV about the THR22 and they say TiVo has control of updates (and features - I don't buy that) and it's up to them. Also that TiVo has applied minimum man power to the THR22 to meet the agreement.

Talk to TiVo and they say ask DirecTV. Some articles and a bit of logic would make one assume the THR22 is very controlled by DTV. Why would DTV let TiVo compete fairly?

Anyway, does ANYONE know what the heck is going on with the THR22? Very frustrated.
  2. litzdog911

litzdog911 TechKnow Guide

Oct 18, 2002
    Mill Creek,...
    It's Tivo software, so their engineers would have to provide any updates. It's a safe bet that they don't have very many engineers working on it. It seems like their current software is pretty stable, though. Is there something specifically that's not working for you?
  3. ESPalmer

ESPalmer New Member

Jan 16, 2002
    I get the same run around, with DTV vs Tivo. My issue has been the On Demand not working as designed. Some things work, others do not, and no it is not the Satellite downloads that are the issue. Nor a network issue, everything passes. But it is ridiculous that neither company wants to handle the issue.