1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does anyone else love Rules of Engagement?

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by wmm_16, Feb 13, 2007.

1. wmm_16

wmm_16 New Member

Jul 10, 2003
    sioux falls, sd
    I love theis show. The humor is really dry, but I can't get enough. I do think David Spade was a poor casting though. He doesn't exactly scream single guy that gets a lot of action.

2. drumorgan

drumorgan a "dry" funny

Jan 11, 2003
    America's...
    Two shows in, it is definitely getting better. I loved the secret code words used. Lately in our office we have a game of trying to come up with new ones.

They had the:
    Manitoba Snowcone
    Peppermint Bobsled
    Velvet Hat Trick

If you are an adult, and can stomach some very disgusting descriptions, you can look these things up. Evidently, the three on the show were totally made up, as they are not listed, but if you ever wondered about the Rusty Trombone or the Dirty Sanchez or the Donkey Punch, or the Portuguese Breakfast, they are all listed at urbandictionary.com

Remember: Do not go there if you don't want to read some really sick stuff. Sometimes just the name is funny enough. (Again, you were warned)

3. fmowry

fmowry Active Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Baltimore, MD
    My wife and I really like the show too. Unfortunately we're the "married" couple.

Agree with the Spade casting, though I find him funny if not believable. But he's been linked to Hollywood hotties, so I can use my imagination a bit.

Frank

4. TheDewAddict

TheDewAddict tciddAweDehT

Aug 21, 2002
    Amsterdam,...
    I haven't watched the 2nd episode yet, but I really enjoyed the first.

5. Meinrad

Meinrad dumdiddydum

Nov 16, 2001
    Pittsburgh Area
    I like it. If it continues to improve it can be very good. I love Monday night on CBS.

6. sushikitten

sushikitten 143 down, ??? to go! TCF Club

Jan 27, 2005
    DC-ish Suburbia
    Dang - I wish I could get caught up on EWs...I am sure there would have been a note about this. I wanted to watch it, but can't start a show once I've missed a few eps. :(

7. Royster

Royster Beardy

May 24, 2002
    Long Island, NY
    I have them recorded, but haven't watched any yet. See the "How far behind are you" thread.

8. dianebrat

dianebrat I refuse to accept your reality TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    I've been pleasantly surprised, and I've been finding it more enjoyable then "Old Christine"

(that amuses me to no end since I'm a 40 something woman)

9. lawilson2

lawilson2 New Member

Oct 6, 2005
    Chicago
    I don't think David Spade was a poor choice; the show isn't really centered around him; he's more of a supporting role. He's the one that made me watch the show; otherwise I wouldn't have given it a chance. The dude from Seinfeld is very funny, and I really like the show so far. It's the ONLY CBS show I watch or have watched in years. I'm looking forward to the season; I just hope it isn't cancelled 4-5 episodes in like Daybreak was on ABC.

10. wmm_16

wmm_16 New Member

Jul 10, 2003
    sioux falls, sd
    I think it's funny because my wife and I are exactly like the married couple.

I see your point about David Spade, he may have been the reason I gave it a chance too.

11. Hersheytx

Hersheytx New Member

Feb 14, 2003
    Dallas
    This show is a must see on CBS. I really hope others are watching.
    I cannot get enough of (Puddy - from Seinfeld show). Cannot remember his name in this show. Love his character. The women are very good too.

12. scooterboy

scooterboy Coney Island Small

Mar 27, 2001
    East...
    Patrick Warburton. He's definitely the best part of the show.

Spade is good too, but the guy that just got engaged is the weak link IMO. When he's onscreen it just seems like filler. Or establishing setups for Warburton and Spade to be funny.

[lightbulb] Actually, maybe that's his purpose on the show.

13. DaveBogart

DaveBogart Active Member

Jan 25, 2002
    Golden,...
    I liked the show from the start, despite Spade. In fact I'm finding that I'm enjoying his part in it. Patrick Warburton's character: He and I are identical. Except he's funnier than me with a much more dry and quick wit, quite a bit better looking, and nowhere near as overweight and out of shape as I am.

It took just one viewing for me to decide this is must-see TV for me. As for Christine, that also took just one viewing for me to decide that's must-never-see again TV.

14. deezel629

deezel629 Active Member

May 30, 2006
    New Jersey
    I really like it too. I like the fact that David Spade is on the show, even if it's hard to believe he's a player. My wife tured to me during the first episode and asked, "how are we supposed to believe he(Spade) gets all these women?" I said, "hun, he WAS in Tommy Boy."

15. WVgirl

WVgirl New Member

Sep 6, 2006
    South Carolina
    I really like this show as well. I am a closet David Spade fan (out now). He's the reason I wanted to watch.

16. stujac

stujac Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Yes-absolutely love it.

17. Granny

Granny PatPacker

Mar 29, 2005
    Tukwila, WA
  18. Annatheb

Annatheb New Member

Feb 14, 2007
    Dallas,Tx
    I love mondays on CBS as well but tossed this one after the first show. It is really just trying too hard.

19. Z-Todd

Z-Todd hard-core '24' fan

Jun 11, 2005
    Tempe, AZ
    I like it, but for me, Spade is the weak link. Patrick Warburton is hilarious, and I just love the subtle way he delivers his lines.

20. Bardman

Bardman Member

Aug 25, 2002
    Glassboro, NJ
    you need to keep watching for at least a couple more weeks.

I believe the second episode was MUCH better than the pilot. Hopefully, that will set the trend.